Your New Favorite Health Trend According to Your Zodiac Sign

Co-star astrology is great for a number of reasons; the app provides the user with her daily horoscope, an explanation as to why she gets along so well with her best friend and even tells her why she’s unable to get through a day without crying (blame it on being born in mid-July…). Co-star’s glaring shortcoming, however, is that it fails to give the user her favorite healthy habit. Fortunately, I have found the perfect health trend for each sign. Considering astrology is based on pure science, this should be completely accurate. Enjoy!

a pink neon "and breathe" sign over a plant wall
Max van den Oetelaar | Unsplash

Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18): Trail Running/Hiking

Your independent and uncompromising nature provides  you with relentless determination, which is necessary to be a successful trail runner or hiker; you experience the overwhelming need to connect with fresh air and find yourself overcome with the desire to be outside. You are assertive and analytical – you have the skills necessary to plan effective hikes and runs. From an outsider’s perspective, you may come off as an eccentric hippy, but you simply value alone time. 

Pisces (Feb. 19 – Mar. 20): Power Yoga

You are compassionate and gentle, with a deep respect for spirituality. You are often overwhelmed with the desire to escape reality, making power yoga the perfect practice for you. As a Pisces, you know how to find the beauty in art, which power yoga will assist you with. The increased strength, flexibility and stamina that you will experience as a result of your practice are things that you know you can’t live without.

Aries (Mar. 21 – Apr. 19): HIIT Workouts

Optimistic, confident and courageous – you have what it takes to succeed in HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). You deeply crave physical challenges, which you will most definitely find from HIIT.  Your competitive spirit and enthusiastic attitude will give the strength  necessary to complete your workout with integrity. As a natural-born leader, you also have the ability to convince your friends to join – use that to get the whole girl gang in shape!

Taurus (Apr. 20 – May 20): Homemade Bowl Meals

You are naturally patient, fearlessly devoted, and have an innate love for cooking and working with your hands. These traits perfectly align with preparing meals at home, specifically bowl meals! Whether you want to make a bowl with a base of quinoa, lettuce or noodles, you’re sure to create something tasty (and have fun while doing it!). Use your intelligence to create a bowl meal that will fulfill your deepest desire – satisfaction.

Gemini (May 21 – Jun. 20): Self-help/Spiritual books

You are curious, intelligent and have an appreciation for words – meaning you will find a special connection with novels like You Are A Badass, The Power of Now, and The Science of Self-Realization. Your innate love for books and meaningful conversations set you up to enjoy and connect with spiritual books and spread the love with others. As a Gemini, you are often overcome with wanderlust, and Jhumpa Lahiri put it beautifully: “That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.” (He wasn’t talking about self-help but let’s just ignore that small fact).

Cancer (Jun. 21 – Jul. 22): Meditation

Ruled by the moon, you often find yourself at the hands of your turbulent emotional state and the immense pressure you place on yourself to please others. You deserve to step back from your daily rush and focus on yourself – take time to breathe, create uplifting mantras and watch as your entire world shifts. You know that you desire protection – but meditation can help you move past that and find peace in who you are.

Leo (Jul. 23 – Aug. 22): Avocado Toast

Your creative spirit gifts you with the ability to make fun, innovative avocado toast recipes. You enjoy being admired and appreciate expensive things – lucky for you, you’ll most likely receive a good bit of admiration for your recipes and the necessary ingredients can be quite expensive.

Virgo (Aug. 23 – Sep. 22): Acai Bowls

As an analytical, hardworking and practical individual, you know how to create balanced recipes. You have an amazing artistic ability and understand the seriousness of preparing food for others. Because of your unwavering dedication to bettering yourself, you have the necessary ability to make acai bowls that actually taste good.

Libra (Sep. 23 – Oct. 22): Green tea

You are charming, beautiful and love a good conversation with close friends – try sipping green tea while admiring your favorite piece of art. Libra, with your diplomatic presence and love for beautiful things, you are green tea personified. You have natural distaste for chaos and green tea will help you find the inner peace you desire. 

Scorpio (Oct. 23 – Nov. 21): Spin/Biking

You know how persistent and fearless you are, Scorpio. Spin class (or extreme biking – if we’re being as Scorpio as possible) is the perfect way to let go of unhealthy anger you may be harboring, as well as other emotions you’ve kept bottled up for far too long. Your dedication, grit and tenacity will give you the strength you need to bike fast and far. You deeply desire to live passionately and vibrantly, and this activity will provide that for you.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 – Dec. 21): Vegan Popsicles

With your charismatic personality, friendly smile and enthusiastic spirit, you’re incredibly easy to like. The quick rise in popularity that vegan popsicles faced closely resembles the ways in which you quickly make friends. You dislike commitment, meaning that this small snack is perfect for you. The deepest desire of your soul is adventure; lucky for you, vegan popsicles are quite easy to transport.

Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 19): Barre Class

Your greatest strengths are incredibly useful; you are realistic, disciplined and practical. Your relentless ambition and deep passion to constantly better yourself give you the skills necessary for success in a barre class. Your spirit craves challenge, which barre class will provide for you. Maturity and individualism dominate your personality and barre celebrates both.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Passionate about plant-based eating, distance running, and Pilates. Lover of dessert, coffee shops and picnics. Probably drinking chai, listening to Taylor Swift and thinking about living in London (or maybe just scrolling through Pinterest).
Her Campus at Florida State University.