You Need to Try this Spin on Avocado Toast

Welcome to your one stop shop regarding everything health and fitness. Weekly to bi-weekly, “Training with Tara” will support our readers’ needs of fitness inspiration, workout guides, healthy meals and more. So don’t be afraid to send in requests for next week’s column; we’ll be glad to accommodate.

Courtesy: Tara Lawson-Corley

Avocado toast is about every girl’s favorite breakfast. It’s easy to make, it’s good for you and it gives you the smallest validation that you can successfully make yourself a breakfast that isn’t cereal. If you want the toast to be a little healthier, you can substitute the bread and all those unneeded carbs with vegetables such as broccoli or even cauliflower. Both can effectively become a tasty substitution to your most important meal of the day.

Serves: 1

Total Time: about 15 minutes

Ingredients:

Little more than a half cup of grated broccoli (this can be either be store bought or personally grated using a grader)

2 eggs

Salt/pepper to taste

Olive oil

Lemon Juice to taste

1 ripe avocado

Directions:

1. Pour grated broccoli into a bowl and crack an egg on top. Beat together to create a mixture and add a pinch of salt and/or pepper.
  2. In a skillet, heat pan with olive oil over medium heat. Using the mixture, pour it into the hot skillet and form it into rectangular shape such as a piece of toast. Allow it to cook for about five minutes or until golden brown then flip to other side.
  3. Once golden on both sides, transfer to a plate. Using the still-hot skillet, crack the other egg to fry until ready.
  4. While egg is cooking, slice the ripe avocado and place on toast alternative sprinkling in extra pepper and/or salt for taste. When the egg is cooked to preference, place on the avocado toast and eat while still hot.
  5. Enjoy!
Tara Lawson-Corley is a Florida State University graduate. She majored in Retail Merchandising & Product Development with the goal of someday working for a fitness driven retail company. Hopefully later on she will be able to own her own successful fitness boutique or at least that's the dream. Tara enjoys the occasional Netflix binge, reading numerous fashion magazines, and finding new and exciting ways to workout.
Her Campus at Florida State University.