What to Expect at FSU Homecoming 2018

Calling all ‘Noles! Florida State University’s Homecoming Week is almost here! If you haven’t heard about all the fun in store for you this year, keep reading

Monday: Oct. 15

Monday night, come out to Spear-It Showcase at 8:00 p.m. in the Oglesby Union Ballroom. This event will showcase all the talented FSU students and student groups on campus with events like the Talent Showcase, Biggest Fan on Campus Competition, and the Hymn to Garnet and Gold Singing Competition. Doors for this also open at 7:00 p.m., so don’t be late!

Tuesday: Oct. 16

Want something fun to do between classes? Come out to Landis Green for Seminole Festival, starting at 11:00 a.m. This carnival event will have rides, free food, games, music and more. With everything from inflatables and photo booths to giveaways and vendors, there’s so much to do at this event!

Wednesday: Oct. 17

Last year’s Homecoming is pretty notorious for its Warchant disappointment. After plans for Solange Knowles performing fell through, everyone was pretty bummed. But this year, we’re more than ready for an awesome performance by Rae Sremmurd! With hits like No Type, Black Beatles and Guatemala, there’s no doubt this will be the show of a lifetime. Ticket sales have already begun online, so act fast … and be sure to bring your FSU ID for a discounted ticket of only $22 after fees!

Courtesy of Billboard.com

Thursday: Oct. 18

Don’t miss out on the National Pan-Hellenic Council’s competition-style step show at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday! The Extrav Step Show will be judged on synchronization, crowd interaction, loudness, choreography, etc. This show will be a chance to get involved, as an audience, with the traditions and history of FSU. Come to join the fun!

Friday: Oct. 19

At 2:00 p.m. on Friday, you won’t want to miss the Homecoming Parade! This awesome event will celebrate our university’s student organizations, traditions and history. So come on down to College Avenue and see one of our oldest traditions for yourself!

Later that night, come join the fun at Pow Wow! Comedian Nick Kroll will be performing at the Civic Center at 8:00 p.m., which will be a hilarious show you won’t want to miss. You’ll also get the chance to see the crowning of the 2018 Homecoming Chief and Princess! This event is free for FSU students with a valid FSU ID, and general public tickets can be purchased online. Doors for this open at 7:00 p.m., with the Pep Rally at 8:00 p.m. and the Comedy Show at 9:15 p.m.!

Courtesy of VanityFair.com

Saturday: Oct. 20

On the final day of Homecoming fun, start off at Taggart’s True Seminole Tailgate on the grass lot in front of the Dick Howser Stadium student entrance. Beginning three hours prior to the game, this event will have free food, games, prizes and music!

Finally, end your week of fun with the Homecoming football game! Florida State University will be playing Wake Forest University for a football game you won’t want to miss. Now, all we need is a win to really give us a memorable end to Homecoming! #goNoles!

Courtesy of TomahawkNation.com

School: Florida State University Year: Senior Major: Editing, Writing, and Media
Her Campus at Florida State University.