Victoria’s Secret FSU Street Team & Campus Reps Host VS Fashion Show Watch Party

It’s that wonderful time of the year again when the Tallahassee weather finally cools, the leaves start to change and the end of the fall semester is just a little over a breath away. With that being said, this insinuates one of two things; that finals have come to destroy our lives and our grades and that the beautiful and always entertaining annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show will be aired. Now I know what you’re thinking, “Where will I be able to watch this amazing and star-studded show that I’ve waited all year to see?” Well you’re welcome because we have the best answer for you.

This Tuesday night from 9 p.m. to 11p.m. Victoria’s Secret FSU Street Team and Campus Representatives will be hosting a viewing party at the ONYX Apartments, located right off of College Ave which is just walking distance from the Florida State campus. Now we do understand that this is finals week meaning that it is one of the most stressful and hectic times for a college student during their semester, but we’re here to tell you the reasons why taking a little time away from the books is actually a much-needed positive.

Courtesy: Debonaira Frik

You will be giving yourself a rewarding study break:

It has been clinically proven that giving yourself some much needed time away from studying will potential improve your material retention and overall studying technique. This is believed because it relieves stress and allows the student to recap what they’ve just learned.

Food is included at the event:

When you’re studying the last thing you want is to be hungry as it will then distract you and make you irritable, but thanks to Chick Fil A, Publix and Lucky & Leo Cupcakes the viewing party will be having free food for all that have RSVP to the event on Facebook. Yes you heard correctly, free, so if you’re like any other stereotypical broke college student you should come down for the feast that should be supplied for about the first 350 people.

You could get free Victoria’s Secret merchandise:

Who doesn’t want free stuff? That’s right – no one! At this event they will be giving away multiple items such as gift cards, the iconic Pink dog, perfume, t-shirts, sweatpants, jackets and more. So just think that while some people are sitting at home trying to calculate the exact percent that they need to get on the final to pass the class, you could be destressed, well-fed and walking away with some fabulous free swag.

There will be a photo wall:

With social media practically running the world, it’s always important to have the perfect photo to post. This event will have the cutest photo wall with Victoria’s Secret-themed props. Bring not only you, but your friends so you can capture your next Instagram post.

All in all this event is the perfect way to take a hour or two out of your busy and stress-filled week to calm yourself while having fun being with friends and watching the 2015 Victoria’s Secret Fashion. Special musical guests in the show include Selena Gomez, Ellie Goulding and The Weeknd.

Tara Lawson-Corley is a Florida State University graduate. She majored in Retail Merchandising & Product Development with the goal of someday working for a fitness driven retail company. Hopefully later on she will be able to own her own successful fitness boutique or at least that's the dream. Tara enjoys the occasional Netflix binge, reading numerous fashion magazines, and finding new and exciting ways to workout.
Her Campus at Florida State University.