5 Things You Need to Know Before Watching the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show

Big hair and even bigger wings—the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show is back! For many, this is the highly anticipated program of the year. It will be broadcasted in 192 countries and over 500 million people will live vicariously through these 47 brilliant models on December 8. While the catwalk was filled with familiar faces, the Victoria’s Secret family welcomed ten new models. Not only did the event include fierce models, but it also showcased amazing musical talent. The magical Ellie Goulding stole the stage with her unique sound, Selena Gomez rocked the night and The Weeknd had everyone singing and dancing to “Can’t Feel My Face.” Now we all know that December 8 is a long time from now and it also happens to land during finals week. But fear no more, Her Campus FSU has everything you need to know about this spectacular event.

Courtesy: Popsugar

1. Meet your 10 new VS Angels!

This year, the traditional VS circle including Adriana Lima, Candice Swanepoel and Lily Aldridge will gain a new group of models. Welcome Elsa Hosk, Jac Jagaciak, Jasmine Tookes, Kate Grigorieva, Lais Ribeiro, Martha Hunt, Romee Strijd, Sara Sampaio, Stella Maxwell, Taylor Hill, Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid.

2. Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid joined the Angels on the runway.

Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid held their own alongside the Victoria‘s Secret Angels. This is one of the most coveted jobs in the modeling world, and for many, it is a sign that they have truly made it in the modeling industry.

3. Kendall Jenner still gets nervous when she’s modeling.

Kendall Jenner had to beg her sisters not to come support her at the prerecording at the show. However, parents Kris and Caitlyn Jenner were there to represent the family and support Kendall. “It was too much pressure and I was like, ‘Mom and Dad are good enough.’ I just need the pressure off. There’s enough pressure as it is,” said Jenner.

4. Model Maria Borges stood out amongst all the Angels in a great way.

Borges rocked the catwalk in her natural fro and made a huge statement. She rocked a long weave when she walked in the show for two consecutive years in 2013 and 2014, but this year she embraced her natural and beautiful look, inspiring and empowering women everywhere. She captioned her powerful picture on Instagram, “AFRICA, this one is for you! I LOVE YOU.”

5. This year, the fashion show ended with a bang!

Instead of participating in their usual designer bow, all the models and performers got together on stage and radiated with an excitement that could be felt from a mile away. There was singing, dancing and of course alot of air kissing.

Courtesy: Design Trend

This year, the Victoria’s Secret fashion show in New York really focused on spreading love and diversity. If you love champagne, glitter and the color pink, then this is the show for you. Follow all VS-related things with the hashtag #VSFashionShow. Catch “the greatest show on Earth” on Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 10/9c. We promise it will not disappoint!

Her Campus at Florida State University.