Skincare can be frustrating. We test out so many different products to find solutions for our skin problems, wasting precious time and money! Well, look no further. Below are some of the best-rated skincare regimens based on different skin types and problem areas. Let’s get your skin gleamin’ collegiettes!

If you have dark circles or under eye bags, try the following:

1. Lipton Green Tea Bags: the caffeine, along with natural tannins, in tea is key to reducing under eye puffiness. Soak two bags in warm water, and then allow them to cool down in your fridge for a couple of minutes. Put the bags under each eye for around five minutes. Dermatologist Karen Hammerman claims that after this treatment, “your eyes will feel fresh and look brighter.”
  2. Chilling the area: Use anything cool under your eyes to reduce the puffiness. This can include anything along the lines of cucumber slices, gel eye masks or spoons left in the fridge for a few minutes. My mom bought me these super cute panda eye masks for example.
  3. Essential oils: According to BeautyMunsta lavender, rose geranium, fennel, German chamomile and cypress are the 6 best essential oils to combat dark circles and puffy eyes. Try massaging one under your eyes!

If you have oily skin, try the following:

1. Use a cleanser with Salicylic Acid. This also good for acne-prone skin. According to Allure, this will fight zits and keep your skin looking matte. They recommend Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit because it “has three key oily-skin products, including a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer with salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide (two dermatologist favorites).”
  2. Exfoliate! But only once a week: overdoing the exfoliation will only make your condition worse. Try something gentle like BIORÉ Charcoal Acne Scrub which has small buffing beads and leaves skin feeling refreshed, not thirsty.
  3. Moisturizing is a vital step in keeping your oil production under control! Dermatologist Doris Day recommends using something with hyaluronic acid, “which balances oil and water in the skin.”

Courtesy: Amazon

If you have dry skin, try the following:

1. Skip toners! They will dry you out even more. Toning products tend to have glycolic acid, or sometimes even just alcohol in it, which people with dry skin need to steer clear from.
  2. Hydrating sleeping masks. When I was struggling with dry skin, I absolutely loved these. I tried the Yes to Coconut Moisturizing Sleeping Mask which is on the cheaper end of the spectrum, but there are many more to choose from! I went to sleep with flaky skin and woke up with a beautiful hydrated face! Definitely something worth checking out.
  3. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer: User Harper Badeau says the following about this product: “[it is going to] hydrate your poor face like it’s never been hydrated before. The sales assistant at a Sephora I went to told me I had ‘unusually dry’ skin, and she recommended this product to me. My face has never been softer and healthier. This is also good for sensitive skin!”

Courtesy: First Aid Beauty

One product everyone needs in their skincare routine is a jade roller. These things are a Godsend. Not only do they feel absolutely amazing during headaches or sinus infections, but they have technical purposes too! Anything from reducing swelling and puffiness to boosting blood circulation, these beauties are a must-have. Plus, they’re super cute.

Courtesy: Pinterest

So, start taking care of your skin ladies! Treat yourself to a face mask and jade roll away!

Rebecca is a junior at FSU majoring in creative writing. She enjoys reading novels until midnight (okay, maybe 2:00 AM), binge-watching shows on Netflix, and hiking in the mountains of North Carolina.
Her Campus at Florida State University.