Let’s just take a second and talk about how life is going. You’ve been in quarantine mode for almost a year, and you’re probably getting smacked in the face with tons of assignments right now (hello, spring semester). If you’ve been anything like me these past few months, you’ve definitely had the “wow, I need to get my life together” talk into the bathroom mirror. Lucky for us, I found the perfect way to glow up and get back to feeling our best.

Step 1: Start a Good Shower Routine

The best part about this step is that it starts today! First, find a new shampoo without harmful ingredients. Your hair will thank you. Take some of your stress away by using a good body scrub. The brand TreeHut has been all over TikTok and can be found at Target and Walmart. Finally, make your skin feel soft as silk with a good body lotion and face moisturizer.

Step 2: Get up and Get Moving!

I know that after a long day of online classes and doing a whole lot of nothing, it’s hard to find a reason to get out of bed. DON’T FALL INTO THE TRAP. Call your friends ASAP and plan a day trip to Providence Canyon, join a yoga class, check out Campus Rec activities or even walk to your favorite food spot. Getting out of bed is a victory in itself, so own it!

Step 3: Hydrate or Diedrate

It’s pretty obvious that water is a basic human necessity. However, I think it’s safe to say that most of us are probably dehydrating ourselves between all the happy hours and coffee breaks. If remembering to drink water is tough for you, check out the Plant Nanny app! It reminds you to drink your recommended amount of water and rewards you by growing virtual plants.

Step 4: Catch some Z’s

No, not four, five or even six hours of sleep. Young adults like us need anywhere between seven to 10 hours of sleep each night. Not only will this boost your energy and concentration power, it’ll make your face and eyes appear a lot brighter. When you wake up in the morning, take a second to check out how well that beauty sleep treated you!

Step 5: TREAT YO SELF

self care isnt selfish sign
Photo by Madison Inouye from Pexels

This is the final and most important step. Taking a day to yourself will not only boost your mood, but it will boost your confidence! Go get that bold new haircut and/or color. Drop by your nail tech and finally get those Instagram-worthy claws. Just go ahead and buy that cute shirt you saw at Target. Once you’ve done just about everything you can think of, stop by your nearest ice cream shop, because why not.

Following these steps can get you the glow up you’ve been dreaming of. Allow yourself to escape those corona blues and start embracing the queen that you are! The best part? Most of these benefits will hit you in a matter of weeks, if not immediately. Take some before and after pictures if you’re feeling spontaneous. And last but not least, give yourself credit for each step of the way because YOU DESERVE IT.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube and Pinterest!

Courtney is a junior at Florida State University. She is currently earning her Bachelor of Science in Marketing. Her passions include writing, going to the beach, and surfing Pinterest while she should be studying. Find her on instagram: @courtneyl.s
Her Campus at Florida State University.