Prepping For Midterms: Yes, Self-Care is Included

As midterm season is slowly approaching, the undeniable midterm stress is sure to follow. School is important but so is our mental health! Make sure to take care of yourself by drinking plenty of water, getting enough sleep and making time to relax. Here are a few of our favorite self-care practices that we want to share with you!

Tawnie Simpson: Junior Social Media Director

“Personally I think the best method of self-care is to remember not to feel guilty for turning down an invitation or for canceling plans. I think sometimes we all, myself included, get so wrapped up in the day-to-day activities of life that we forget to just chill and spend time with ourselves. Sure you’re only in college once and there’s nothing like a night out with your friends, but if one weekend you’re not feeling like going out for drinks with your squad or hitting a house party then cancel because it’s not the end of the world! Mute your group chat, stay in with a face mask and a good Netflix series and quit feeling like you’re missing out when you know that there will be plenty more opportunities next weekend!”

Courtesy: Shemazing.net

Taylor Zollo: Senior Social Media Director

As I’ve mentioned before, I love doing my nails! For Christmas this year, my parents gave me a gel manicure set, including great polishes and a light. So, instead of spending a ton of money at the salon, I just do it myself and they look great! I honestly use it all the time and couldn’t be more happy with the way it works. With midterms right around the corner, I will be doing my nails to relax and cheer myself up in between study sessions and Stroz.”

Courtesy: Taylor Zollo

Maria Jimenez: Public Relations Director

“I set out some time every once and a while to practice self-care. I don’t meditate or stare at the clouds, rather I watch stupid reality television shows and paint my nails. This gives me time to relax and unwind after a long day of work or school.”

Courtesy: Pinterest

Felicity Warner: Editor-in-Chief

“For me, the best way to practice self-care is by sitting down at my desk, lighting a candle, and jotting my thoughts down in my journal after a long day. I might not be the most consistent when it comes to journaling, but anytime I take just 10 minutes of my night to get my thoughts out on paper, I feel way less stressed than before. Something about writing down what I did for the day, reflecting on the day, and writing my goals for the future makes it all a little more manageable.”

Courtesy: Tumblr

Eliana DuBosar: Editor-in-Chief:

“For me, the best way to stay sane during the stress of midterms is to set time aside for myself. After I finish whatever paper I’m working on or finish studying for an upcoming exam, I’ll make up a nice bath and just unwind. I love using Lush bath bombs, especially their Intergalactic and Experimenter ones.”​​

Courtesy: Rebloggy

Samantha is an Editing, Writing and Media major. She loves a good cup of coffee, a ruby red lip, roadtripping, and being a downright goof. She dreams to travel the world someday and write about all her adventures. But for now, she just really hopes she can just keep balancing everything at once.
Her Campus at Florida State University.