stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Perfect Morning Routine for Success

Mornings. You love to hate them and you hate to love them. Sometimes the hardest part of the day is starting it off right. A solid, healthy morning routine is so essential for a college student because the only way to have a productive day is to make the most of the morning! Morning routines can be completely unique to the individual, but if you include the following in your routine every day, I guarantee you’ll have a more successful day!

Drink a glass of water

Credit: MyCrystalWater

It’s so easy to forget to stay hydrated when you’re busy running around campus and working on assignments. Kick-start your day and your metabolism by drinking at least 16 oz of water right when you wake up. Staying hydrated is key and it helps keep your skin clear and beautiful too! If you want to get a little fancy with it, try a detox water to really kick-start your metabolism and add a little flair to an otherwise boring task. Add your favorite fruit or berries along with some herbs like mint and raspberry or lime, pear and ginger. You can get as creative as you want and personalize it!

Eat a healthy & filling breakfast 

Often times, us college students don’t wake up with enough time to make a healthy breakfast, which is a major problem! Making a healthy breakfast doesn’t have to be time-consuming. Try a cup of overnight oats or make a smoothie bowl stacked with your favorite fruits & toppings! Both of these breakfasts can be prepared the night before if you’re too rushed in the morning. Pro tip: try and sneak in some greens wherever you can, like spinach in eggs or in a breakfast smoothie.

Ditch the social media for a podcast

Credit: lalibre.be

In the short amount of time we have between classes, most of us stare at our phones, looking at social media. Try replacing the mindless scrolling with a podcast that’s relevant to you! Spotify has an entire podcast section with several categories like education, news and politics and health and lifestyle. There are tons of podcasts to choose from that can add value to your day and motivate you, rather than scrolling through hundreds of random photos and tweets. Give a new podcast a try and motivate yourself to learn something new every morning!

Check your planner before class

It’s impossible to forget about an assignment or quiz if you have it written down in a planner. If you don’t have a planner yet, honey, get one! Planners are the easiest way to organize your life and your responsibilities in a neat book. Not to mention, there are so many cute ones to choose from so find one that matches you and get to planning! Organizational skills are key in order to be successful. Plus, planning doesn’t only have to be for educational purposes. Find a planner with enough space to write down all your personal projects in order to organize your whole life. Most college students have so much going on constantly, so make sure to manage your time through planning to ensure you are always on top of yourself.

I'm a senior from Miami, FL majoring in Public Relations and pursuing a Master's degree in Integrated Marketing Communication. Think of me as the love child of Samantha Jones & Carrie Bradshaw, plus throw in a little Cuban spice.
Her Campus at Florida State University.