Culture > News

New Parents Shawn Johnson and Andrew East Rush to Emergency Room

Andrew East is an NFL long snapper and has been playing football at a young age. East has an MBA and studied civil engineering. Andrew East has always been active on social media and even more now. He is happily married to Olympic gold and silver medalists Shawn Johnson. The couple has their own YouTube channel that shows their life and business. On October 29,2019, Shawn gave birth to Drew Hazel East, Shawn and Andrew shared their news with their followers on their Instagram throughout their whole pregnancy. Drew keeps Shawn and Andrew busy day and night is what Andrew told People Magazine. The small family also told People Magazine that they have been in and out of the hospital. Although, the last person that they expected to be hospitalized was Andrew, mostly because he was healthy and hasn’t shown any signs of weakness or illness. 

On November 25, 2019, Andrew was getting ready to have a day of workout with a couple of his close buddies, as he was cleaning his in-home gym, he picked up a 185lb bar and placed it on the rack. As he secured the bar onto the rack he stepped away and fainted, East released the video where he was seen falling to the ground unconscious and laying there for a few minutes. Andrew said that he couldn’t remember anything and waited for his friends to arrive, and they suggested he go to the emergency room. Arriving there Andrew was told he needs stitches and received nine on his head. When Johnson received the news that her husband was in the ER, she rushed downstairs to retrieve the footage of East fainting. Johnson explains in the YouTube video that she wants the footage “deleted and burned, and never seen again.” Baby Drew was left with her grandparents while Johnson attended to her husband at the hospital. 

Courtesy: Shawn Johnson Instagram

The family was terrified that this happened unexpectedly and the news that Johnson says that made had her concern about East’s health is when the doctor told the couple to stay overnight because Andrew’s EKG was irregular, his heart wasn’t beating normally and could’ve been the cause of the fall. Johnson expressed in the YouTube video that Andrew’s heart “ticks differently and that an irregular heartbeat was normal for him.” Later, the doctor did a few more tests and cleared Andrew to go home. 

Andrew checked-in on social media letting his followers that he was doing well but didn’t remember anything at all for a moment. He later turned the camera to Shawn and asked if she was mad at him, she responded with “I’m not mad at you, stop asking that question.” Closing the YouTuber’s vlog, they expressed that this scare was an eyeopener and they’re grateful for their lives, Andrew said that he must think about baby Drew and become selfless for her. Andrew said that “Every second I have with my child is precious, and every second with my wife is precious. Every second worth living is a second to be grateful for.” The family says their extra grateful this year for everything and everyone in their lives. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest!

School:Florida State University Year: Senior Major: Editing, Writing, and Media Learning to write has been one journey that will never end for me.
Her Campus at Florida State University.