kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

I Lost 10 Pounds in Two Weeks by Doing This

The weight loss methods discussed in this article are the personal testimonies of a student, not advice from a medical/fitness professional.

So you’ve fallen victim to the freshman fifteen? Or maybe you’re just ready for a healthy change? Weight Watchers is not working, and that obscure foreign cleanse just isn’t cutting it these days. No doubt, it’s hard to give the cold shoulder to that pyramid of freshly baked cookies that really seem to be calling your name. How do they expect you to walk right past them when they’re stacked in such a perfect way, begging you to grab one, glaring you in the face as you exit the dining hall?

Don’t worry, we’ve all been there. It’s tough to maintain a certain weight amongst all the sugary sweets that Suwannee has to offer, but it certainly isn’t impossible. If you’re like me, you gained a fair amount of weight in the fall semester, and you’ve been surfing the Internet frantically in search of foolproof ways to lower that number on the scale. Preferably quickly. No worries, I did a lot of the work for you already. I tested out multiple diets and workouts and figured out two ways that worked so I didn’t have to dread looking in the mirror every morning.

Drink Apple Cider Vinegar

Courtesy: Raw Pixel

You can drink this in the morning, at night, or both. I did both at first, but as time went on, I started to only drink it at night. I mix a half cup of water with a tablespoon of the vinegar. Also, the vinegar has to be organic.

I won’t lie to you, you’re probably going to dread this. There will be times when you’ll question whether you’d rather only eat Brussels sprouts for the rest of your life than drink the vinegar one more time. It’s disgusting. There’s no getting around it. But, if you really want some of that tummy fat to go away and to shed a few pounds, this is the way to go.

Eat a Low-Carb Diet

This was the biggest game-changer for me. So many of my favorite sides were packed to the brim with carbs and I didn’t even know it. Pasta, rice, mashed potatoes. They all were weighing me down. As hard as it was for me to give up my mom’s homemade baked ziti (honestly, it might’ve been more heartbreaking for her than me), I survived. And, the results I ended up seeing were way more fulfilling than the ziti (hah. Sorry, I had to! My mom loves cheesy jokes. Okay, I’m done)

On a more serious note, cutting out carbs is tough. It’s especially difficult if you’re eating on campus. Suwannee makes it tempting to fall back into old habits. My process for eating at Suwannee is simple: avoid the desserts, have some type of meat as the entrée, and then finish it off with a side of fruit. Although there are carbs in most fruits, these are the best types of carbs to consume. Not all carbs were created equal. It’s much better to eat a bowl of pineapple than a bowl of penne pasta.

The bottom line is, there’s no shame in falling victim to the freshman fifteen. It happens to the best of us. There’s no need to wear yourself out by going to the gym five days a week for two hours in an attempt to lose the weight you’ve gained. Make healthy choices, learn to love your body, and embrace the small improvements you make along the way.  

Corrine Bresky is a first year studying criminology and psychology at Florida State university. She is from Port Charlotte, FL, the hometown of the most retirement homes (or at least that’s what it feels like to her). She is often compared to the famous actress Kathryn Hahn, and Corrine can often be found rollerblading ferociously between her classes.
Her Campus at Florida State University.