stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Five Productive Things To Do Instead of Watching Netflix

We all love our binge-watching weekends when Netflix releases a new season of our favorite show, but let’s be honest. Daily binge-watching isn’t healthy and we need to start pushing each other away from a narrative that romanticizes lying in bed all day and watching Netflix. When you’re stressed, anxious or just looking for something to do, put down your phone and laptop and take the opportunity to unplug for a while!

Read a Book

You saw this coming, right? You already knew I was going to tell you to read more… and you were right! If you have a moment in your day to stimulate your brain by trying to understand someone else’s writing, you should. This doesn’t have to be a scientific journal or 500-page novel, it can be as simple as picking up a magazine or reading an article just as you are right now!

Go Outside

To do literally anything. Fresh air, sunshine and muscle stimulation are a sure way to get you to relax your mind. Go for a walk; even if you don’t know where you’d go, just get outside and start walking. (If you’re looking for a real challenge, go for a run!) Visit a park and see what your community has to offer. Explore campus! I find new favorite study spots just about every week by just walking around campus. Find one of those Pace bikes that are everywhere now and take off!

Move your Body

This one should be the easiest of all: take some time out of your day to simply get your body moving. This doesn’t have to be cardio or even working out, just stretch! Stretching every day will make your muscles, joints and overall life feel so much better, why not try it?

Clean Up

A clean environment equals a clean mind. Take the time to care for your surroundings! Break out the Lysol wipes, Pinesol and Swiffer!

Cook Something Good

Courtesy: Leafly

Try your hand at a new dish. This is not only a way to get your creative juices flowing but it’s also a way for you to learn more about making cuisine for yourself to enjoy!

Her Campus at Florida State University.