5 #BlackGirlMagic Instagram Accounts You Need to Follow

Instagram is a place where people can connect and share posts for others to view and there are many lifestyle accounts that focus on makeup and fashion. As great as those are, being a black woman can make some of those pretty unhelpful and irrelevant. That is why I have a compiled a group of five of the best Instagram accounts run by black women for black women. They cover everything from beauty to fashion and self-care of the body and mind.

1. @curlbox

CurlBox is a subscription service that utilizes their Instagram page to provide hair inspo and tips on how to make your kinks and coils just right. From product recommendations to real women shout outs, they have created a community where women of color can help each other find the best ways to keep their hair healthy and gorgeous!

Courtesy: @curlbox

2. @blackgirlinom

Black Girl In Om is the #1 holistic wellness platform for women of color. It was created to provide a space for women of color to breathe easy and encourage each other to live healthier lives. They also have a podcast about all things wellness, self-care and self-love hosted by Black Girl in Om founder Lauren Ash and Art Director Deun Ivory. Their Instagram is run by women of color who aim to inspire women around the world to form a healthy mind, body and soul.

Courtesy: @blackgirlinom

3. @browngirlslove

Brown Girls Love is an account dedicated to providing the best fashion inspo for women of color! Featuring real women with a passion for fashion, this account is a place where black women can connect over clothing that makes us feel fierce! With styles ranging from edgy to glam, you will never run out of ideas for what to wear for your next ootd!

Courtesy: @browngirlslove

4. @wellreadblackgirl

Well-Read Black Girl is a book created and curated by Glory Edim that features essays written by black girls and women who detail the time when they first witnessed themselves in literature. The Instagram page for the book is dedicated to black women writers and features book recommendations by women of color. The goal of the account is to inform followers about black women writers who should always be remembered and the glorious books they left behind for us to read. With the endless amount of inspiring pieces of work that this account showcases, you will never have trouble deciding what to read next!

Courtesy: @wellreadblackgirl

5. @cocoaswatches

Do you ever see a new makeup product and wonder how it would look on your skin tone? If you answered yes to this question then this is the account for you to follow! Cocoa Swatches makes it easy to browse makeup that compliments your complexion. There are swatches for all beauty products, including the ones that are hardest to match without a reference, such as lipstick and foundation. This account will help to make your makeup look slay so that you can wear any look confidently!

Courtesy: @cocoaswatches

Between the fashion, beauty and health insights that these accounts provide, you are sure to find solace in any of them!

Tyra Joseph is a graduate of Florida State University with a dual degree in Editing, Writing & Media, and Digital Media Production with minors in Information Technology and Film Studies. She began as a Staff Writer for Her Campus FSU in August 2018 and then served as a Content Editor in her final two semesters as a Nole!
Her Campus at Florida State University.