10 Recipes That Will Make You Hop on the Matcha Bandwagon

Welcome to your one stop shop regarding everything health and fitness. Weekly to bi-weekly, “Training with Tara” will support our readers’ needs of fitness inspiration, workout guides, healthy meals and more. So don’t be afraid to send in requests for next week’s column; we’ll be glad to accommodate.

Matcha is the newest food craze taking over our social media feed and our wallets. Not only aesthetically pleasing to the eye and our Instagram posts this green powder also holds many health benefits. Enriched with the equivalence of 10 cups of green tea, one serving of matcha is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, fiber and the ability to lower cholesterol and blood sugar. This only being a handful of the actual health benefits it creates, we’re going to include 10 simple and delicious recipes to get you on trend with this amazing and beneficial food obsession.

Matcha Banana Ice Cream

Get the recipe here by Oh, How Civilized

Matcha Chia Pudding

Get the recipe here by Desserts with Benefits

Matcha Chocolate Chip Cookies

Get the recipe here by The Healthy Maven

Matcha Pancakes

Get the recipe here by Diane, A Broad

Matcha Smoothie Bowl

Get the recipe here by Cooking LSL

Matcha Chocolate Almond Butter Cups

Get the recipe here by Love & Lemons

Matcha Mug Cake

Get the recipe here by Kirbie Cravings

Matcha Yogurt Popsicles

Get the recipe here by My Name is Yeh

Matcha Iced Tea Latte

Get the recipe here by Celebrating Sweets

Matcha Latte

Get the recipe here by Epic Matcha

Tara Lawson-Corley is a Florida State University graduate. She majored in Retail Merchandising & Product Development with the goal of someday working for a fitness driven retail company. Hopefully later on she will be able to own her own successful fitness boutique or at least that's the dream. Tara enjoys the occasional Netflix binge, reading numerous fashion magazines, and finding new and exciting ways to workout.
Her Campus at Florida State University.