This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Many of us are already done with most of our midterms and exams at FIU, and many others will be done in the next week. We should be feeling more relaxed and comfortable by now but we’re not. In fact, we are jumpy, aggressive, and somewhat confused because…. seriously, are we truly ever done?

But that’s probably due to the fact that we are still in phase number six in our Seven Phases of Stress during Midterm’s week. The list is as follows:

1. Extreme Jumpiness at the Word “Exam”

You may overhear someone talking about their exams in GL, GC, or even in line at Starbucks. But the edginess and anxiety of the word pierces right through you.  Is it that time already?

2. Confidence

You’ve been going to class all this time and you know exactly what will be on the test. It’s not like you have been on Instagram or Facebook during class. Besides, you have enough time to study. Right?

3. Regret

Simply when you realize that everyone already has study guides and have study groups formed, and you are… well, by yourself.

4. Coffee Junkie

Breathe, move, live solely through coffee. It can be found in the Starbucks at GL, or Barnes & Noble, Java City in the Business Complex, Dunkin Donuts in PG5, or at Bustelo in GC regularly.

5. Breakdown

The exam is like umm, tomorrow!!!!! And you don’t know anything yet….Great, just simply greeeat!!

6. Denial

It can’t be done. Impossible! It just cannot happen. How could exams be over? There’s still something left hiding somewhere. I know it!

7.  Realization

But, Oh! It is not a dream! And now you are free to plan the most wonderful and exciting Spring Break of your entire life.

If you are currently expereincing any of the Sevent Phases of Stress during Midterms, please dont forget to tag us #HCFIU.

May the curve be ever in your favor. 

Nathalie Fleitas is a marketing major and an English minor at Florida International University. She a words' enthusiast, a bookworm, and she gets overly attached with fictional characters. She likes making up stories about anything that she can imagine and later write it on paper. But overall, she hopes she can one day write something that will inspire millions of people.