SMUTTOK?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
SMUTTOK?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
IT HAPPENED ONE SUMMER / MILK FED / SATISFACTION GUARANTEED / PUNK 57
Wellness

Self growth books you have to read

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

The new year is here and it’s time to work towards those wants and needs. From incorporating daily workouts or being more conscious about savings, it’s never too late to set goals for yourself. Ahead, you’ll view a list of books that will change your outlook on life. These books focus on adopting healthy habits, pushing yourself, and evolving as an individual.

• Atomic Habits by James Clear

At times we might notice there’s plenty of room for improvement but find it difficult to start. Atomic Habits is a practical guide focused on positively changing behaviors through practicing healthy habits and getting rid of those bad ones. Clear suggests a set of rules known as the Four Laws of Behavior Change. These four laws encourage how we perform new habits.

• The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz

New York Times Bestselling book, The Four Agreements, follows the wisdom of the ancient Toltec. The book highlights the significance of those agreements we accept and how they impact what we do. Ruiz discusses the topic of personal freedom. In executing the four agreements, we are one step closer to turning our lives around as we reject self-limiting beliefs that interfere with our personal lives.

Being impeccable with your word, not taking anything personally or avoiding assumptions, and doing your best are the four agreements needed to live a fulfilling life.

• The Mountain is You by Brianna Wiest

The Mountain is You: Transforming Self-Sabotage into Self-Mastery was written by Brianna Wiest to educate readers on self-sabotaging behaviors. Moments of high self-doubt or low self-esteem lead to implications that block one’s ability and potential to succeed. Wiest’s self-discovery guide to reaching the top of the mountain involves digging out those internal traumas and negative habits. In doing so, one can detect the imperfections and challenges that interfere with reaching personal success.

• Your Twenties by Dr. Jessica Smith

For those in their twenties feeling lost or not sure what they’re supposed to be doing, Your Twenties by Dr. Jessica Smith is a good read if you’re wanting to discover more about yourself. The uplifting book takes you along the journey of navigating life through your twenties. Each area (careers, health, relationships, etc.) offers a few tips and advice to overcome these obstacles.

Samantha joined Her Campus in January 2022 and has continued as a writer. Based in Miami, Florida and is currently a Public Relations student at Florida International University. Favorite pastimes range from art and writing to music and traveling. Enjoys watching movies, going out, and watching sports games.