Wellness > Health

At Home Workouts Have Been Swarming Social Media, Here Are Some I’ve Been Doing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Since all gyms are closed until further notice, individuals like me are looking for ways to remain active while also staying indoors or outdoors in close proximity to our houses. Over the past few weeks, I’ve seen Instagram get swarmed with live workout videos everything from yoga, HIIT cardio, Abs, etc. I started to grow curious about these at-home workouts and decided to explore YouTube and give a try at some of them or to even join a few Instagram live workouts. 

After a long search on YouTube, I gathered a few of my favorite workouts to do and made a commitment to myself to remain as active as possible. So, I woke up every other morning and immediately put on my gym clothes, grabbed a bottle of water, took my yoga mat, my headphones and headed to my backyard to try out these workouts and here is my review.

I found Chole Ting on YouTube a month ago but always opted to go to the gym instead of trying her workout plans so staying indoors gave me an opportunity to try a few of her workouts! 

I would recommend altering days to focus on abs, booty, and arms but to also do one of her 15- or 30-minute cardio videos every time. My favorite video of hers is:

Next, someone I have loved for a very long time was Joanna Soh she always knew how to kick my butt with her workouts, but I always completed the videos and felt accomplished! I noticed that sometimes difficult workouts when you are just starting out can often leave you feeling defeated if you were unable to complete the video or took too many breaks. However, Johanna knows how to push you but also giving you a minute to catch your breath. My favorite video is quick, easy but definitely gets sweat in!

Lastly, Fitness Blender! I have done a few of their at-home workouts they have and always enjoyed it! The main difference between Fitness Blender and the other two women I mentioned, is that Fitness Blender can get a little boring and not as encouraging to push me through the workout. But if you are someone who prefers to just blast your own music without focusing much on the video, this can be a great option for you! I am just someone who needs the extra push to get through workouts especially at home. 

While YouTube is a great option to practice new workouts in the comfort of your own home, there have been a few Instagrammers I want to point out that are doing workouts and are saving it to their story, or creating an IGTV video so you can try it at any time! 

Here are a few of my favorite influencers and accounts who are creating these videos: 

Aimee Song, Vivianeaudi, Yoventura, Camila Coelho, Pvolve, and Helloolivia!

During these stressful times, working out is a way of escape for me. I’m able for an hour or more to put time aside to focus on my health and get my mind out of social media. If you’re in search of a healthy way to use all this time inside, try an at-home workout and start slow until you build a pace you feel comfortable with! It takes time, practice, and most of all patience. 

Suzanne Garcia is a student at Florida International University, majoring in Digital Communications and Media. Her interest include fashion, beauty & wellness, giving advice to others and going on adventures! She is a Disney girl at heart and loves nothing more than her family and friends. Suzanne is excited to share her passions through her articles on HerCampus!