This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

Thanks to the coronavirus pandemic, you might be staying at home right now, either in quarantine or social distancing. Even though it can be quite tempting to go out with your hometown friends who are also home, it is definitely best to stay home rather than to risk contracting or spreading this virus. If you are also spending way too many hours of the day scrolling through TikTok and desperately seeking something else to do, here are a few ideas:

1. Catch up on a new show or have a movie marathon

This is one of the few times in history we have the perfect excuse to be indoors. What better chance to catch up and binge Netflix shows or have a movie marathon. Some of my favorite shows on Netflix are You, New Girl, Elite, The Office, Friends, That 70’s Show, and Love is Blind (just to name a few).

2. Read

Girl Reading A Book In Bed
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
You probably have a bunch of book recommendations from friends from over the years. Take this time to finally read them. I love using ThriftBooks.com to find books because they have great prices!

3. Get Crafty

It’s time to bring back your inner DIYer from when you were 13. Repaint your room, reorganize your closet, or tie dye some t-shirts or pillowcases! Pinterest and YouTube have thousands of ideas to look at.

4. Learn A New Language

Now’s the perfect time to pick up a new language, or brush up on one you already know. Here are a few apps that can help you: Duolingo, Drops, Babbel, Rosseta Stone, and others!

5. Try a Recipe

Woman slicing tomatoes
Photo by Daria Shevtsova from Pexels
If you like cooking or baking, try out a new recipe, or perfect an old one. Again, Pinterest will come in handy for this. Go the extra mile and cook a nice meal for yourself or your family and make an event out of it.

6. Call Friends & Family

Although we are social distancing, be sure you’re staying in touch with your friends and family. Schedule a group FaceTime or Zoom session with your friends so you can mimic the feeling of actually being together. Don’t forget to check in on your extended family and relatives.

7. Indoor Workouts

Although its very easy to make excuses about going to the gym, home-workouts can be just as easy! There are plenty of at-home workouts to help you stay in shape. Many exercises don’t require any equipment, just some space and motivation.

8. Have A Fashion Show

clothes
Marcus Loke
For anyone else who’s devastated that their cute spring clothes are being hidden in the closet, now’s your time to break them out. Grace your family with a fashion show of all your cute outfits for the season. Or put together some outfits to get ready for the fall!

9. Practice Self-Care

Most important of all is your mental and physical health. Be extra sure to take care of yourself during this crazy time. For some people, this means putting on a face mask, taking a bath, and watching your favorite movie. For others, this may mean reading a book on the patio and drinking some tea. Whatever your definition of self-care is, make sure you’re doing it.

Lindsey is studying Fashion Business Management at the Fashion Institute of Technology. Her hobbies include spying on cute dogs, finding new ice cream places, and shopping. Follow her Instagram @lindseylabarbera