Kristen Bryant-Girl Lounging Relax Logo 2
Kristen Bryant / Her Campus
Wellness

5 Ways To Practice Self-Care All Through 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

It’s hard to believe we are living in 2020. A new year and a new decade!? As we have just entered into this new chapter, why not start with a clean slate? By this, I mean practicing self-care all year long! Make your new mantra “ all about me”, and do whatever it takes to better yourself. Whether it be spending more time with friends, going to bed earlier, or even eating healthier; now is the perfect time to start taking steps towards your wellbeing.

Spend time with people who make you happy

It doesn’t get much better than this. One of the best feelings is hanging with your besties and laughing endlessly. Incorporate more happiness and laughter into your life and push out the negativity that had a strain on you before.

Start journaling

The first step to journaling is to shop for the cutest journal out there! This will already have you feeling excited to start writing. Use the journal to write down your thoughts, feelings, and doodles anywhere from at home to on the go. This will bring a sense of relief by letting all of your thoughts out on paper.

Stay active

Staying active is one of the most important components to keeping our bodies healthy. It can get tiring and draining, but try doing an activity you enjoy such as yoga, Zumba, taking a walk, or even hitting the gym. Better yet, tag along with a buddy to stay motivated and hold each other accountable.

Find a hobby

During your downtime is the perfect opportunity to find a hobby. Once you find something you love doing, take it and run with it! Some examples include: photography, baking, and thrifting.

Treat yourself

You don’t have to tell me twice with this one! Know your worth and understand you deserve what you have been wanting, especially with all the hard work you put into everything. Go get a massage, buy the new outfit, and eat your favorite meal!

Use the start of the new decade as your time to put yourself first. Take small steps towards self-care every day and you’ll notice your world shift for the better. 

Alexis Kalil is a senior at the Fashion Institute of Technology studying Fashion Business Management and English. In her free time, she enjoys thrifting, photography, watching Netflix, and traveling.
Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.