This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

If you want to get crystals but don’t know where to begin, these five staples will help get you started:

Rose Quartz

Rose quartz is a great crystal for the heart chakra. Known as the crystal of love, use rose quartz to bring unconditional love into your life. It speaks to all kinds of love like romantic, friendship, and self-love. 

Clear Quartz

Known as the “master healer”, clear quartz is essential to add to your collection. This crystal brings about positive vibrations and helps to cleanse any negativity from within. Clear Quartz also helps you to take a deep dive into your spiritual journey, by helping you look deep into yourself and your emotions.

Amethyst

This crystal has a strong connection to the third eye and crown chakras, making it excellent for perpetuating your spirituality. It is a great stone to put under your pillow while you sleep, as it brings peace and balance. These balancing properties also help to keep you grounded and to have a level head. 

Selenite

Selenite is a must-have for anyone who is growing a crystal collection. One of the biggest perks of Selenite is that it cleanses every other crystal and never needs to be cleaned itself. It is also a great crystal to wear on a pendant because it also cleanses negative energy from within yourself.  

Tigers Eye

Tigers Eye is an excellent stone for staying grounded since it is connected to the root chakra. It is also great for focus and pushing through a period of lacking motivation. The stone also allows you to access and utilize your inner strength.   

These crystals are all great to acquire if you’re starting to grow your collection. All of them are great for a variety of things, which provide well rounded healing to get you started. 

Jools is a senior at FIT majoring in Advertising and Marketing Communications with a minor in writing. She is the President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at FIT.