Style > Fashion

5 Activewear Brands That Will Make You Feel Like a Fitness Influencer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

Have you ever wondered how the gym girls on Instagram seem to have a tiny waist, toned legs, and big butt in every picture?

Well, you can too! It turns out there’s more to it than just lifting weights and eating healthy. The activewear you’re picking for the gym can drastically impact your confidence levels and motivation. Sometimes, all you need for a great training session is a cute and flattering outfit. Thankfully, there are more options to choose from than ever before.

Whether you’re a gym newbie or a so-called “gym-rat,” one (or more) of these brands will have something for you. From graphic sweatshirts and t-shirts to contour leggings and shorts, apologies in advance for the $$$, you will spend revamping your activewear wardrobe.

1. Darc sport

This one’s for the bodybuilders, both male and female. Known for its wolf mascot and darker prints and patterns, Darc Sport creates an exclusivity around its monthly drops, which often sell out in seconds.

Shop here for unique, eye-catching pieces that will make you feel like you’re part of a secret club. You’ll also definitely get some compliments when wearing this brand to the gym.

My top pick: Any graphic sweatshirt!

2. Alphalete

Looking for a pair of shorts/leggings in every color of the rainbow? Look no further than Alphalete. No matter which style you choose, these bottoms will sculpt your legs and make your waist look snatched. The material is durable and soft, with just enough stretch and the famous butt scrunch. Alphalete also has a massive gym HQ called Alphaland (with a healthy restaurant called Alpha-Eats attached!), located in Texas.

Shop here for colorful and flattering shorts/leggings to go with any gym fit.

My top pick: Alphalete Amplify Leggings

3. nvgtn

These Insta-famous leggings really are as good as they say. Hugging in all the right places, NVGTN’s activewear is ultra flattering and comes in a wide range of colors. The only downside is the quick sell-out time after a drop, so make sure you’re tuned in to when new styles are coming.

Shop here for the ultimate gym-baddie staples.

My top pick: NVGTN Contour Seamless Shorts

4. Gymshark

This one is a given for gym-goers around the world. Gymshark is an activewear empire, offering any item you could ever need. The company recently opened their first retail store in London, hopefully spreading to many other locations in the future (NYC, please!).

Shop here if you need a specific, high-quality item.

My top pick: Gymshark V-neck Sports Bra

5. tLF

The pool day of activewear, TLF offers a summery and versatile assortment, with vibrant pops of color. TLF (short for Take Life Further), offers clothes that can transition straight from streetwear to the gym. Featured in the most recent drop, the halter-neck silhouette is perfect for back day and the supernova pattern will make you stand out from the crowd.

Shop here if you’re looking for vibrant, seasonal essentials.

My top pick: TLF Cosmic Seamless Halter Sports Bra

Sullivan is a junior at FIT completing her bachelor’s in International Trade and Marketing. She is a certified personal trainer, and is passionate about everything health & fitness. When she’s not working out, her favorite hobbies are trying out new coffee shops or writing poetry!