This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

I have recently discovered the power of saying positive affirmations. I used to think it was silly and uncomfortable to say affirmations aloud. I have now discovered that it is one of the best things you can do to change your attitude and perspective. If you have ever been skeptical to try saying positive affirmations, now is your time to start practicing. So, get up, go stand in front of a mirror, and say these four positive affirmations to yourself to get your day started in the right direction.

1. I WAS NOT MADE TO GIVE UP  

2. I LOVE MYSELF EXACTLY AS I AM

3. I AM FEARLESS AND I AM BRAVE  

4. I HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE MY STORY

Now that you have said these positive affirmations, continue to say them each and every day while reminding yourself that you are a strong and confident person who can do anything. By the end of the week check back in with yourself and I promise you that you will not feel like you are saying random sentences but that you are saying sentences that you believe describe exactly who you are.

Hello, my name is Anna Valenta I am a current Senior at the Fashion Institute of Technology studying Cosmetic and Fragrance Marketing and minoring in English with emphasis on writing. I am from New Jersey and love traveling, beauty, and the beach. I like trying new things and have a very outgoing personality and I hope you enjoy reading my articles just as much as I enjoy writing them!