Product Review: Rimmel London Provocolips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

So in early January, I placed an order on Her Campus online shop where their merch can be bought. In the box, I got some freebies like this Rimmel London Provocalips and an eyeliner along with the stuff that I ordered. I’ve had my fare share of liquid lipticks but I’ve never tried out this lip product before (spoiler: it’s nothing like a liquid lipstick). Since I’ve gotten this, I’ve been able to wear this product around two or three times and I feel comfortable enough giving an honest review of it. 

This lip product is double sided, labeled as ‘step 1’ and ‘step 2’. Step 1 contains the actual lip colour and step 2 contains a thick clear, gloss-like product inside of it. Once I applied the colour (step 1) on my lips, I noticed that it dries to a very tacky consistency. Nothing like a liquid lipstick. Applying step 2 over the top makes it all feel very heavy and thick on the lips, sort of like the cheap roll-on glosses I wore as a kid. 

The result is a super glossy finish which lasts for about 3 hours—super impressive. Although it doesn’t claim to be a lip plumper, it did make my lips look a bit fuller (but maybe all gloss does that). 

Photos don’t do it justice (sorry). 

Three hours and a panini later, the glossiness is gone but the colour stays on my lips. It faded just a teeny little bit, but still looks very pretty afterwards! I prefer matts anyway. 

Out of 5 stars, I would give this lip product a 3.5/5 stars rating. The gloss did last very long on my lips and the colour didn’t budge even after eating and drinking, but the consistency of ‘gloss’ is very uncomfortable to wear and can definitely be felt while wearing it. It’s definitely not the most comfortable lip product to wear, but it’s nice when I want to wear something glossy. Also, you can’t wear ‘step 1’ without ‘step 2’, meaning that the actual colour that you put on your lips can’t be worn alone since it dries to a really gross sticky texture. 

Hi there! My name is Genesis and I'm the CC for Her Campus Falmouth! I also currently study English with Creative Writing at Falmouth Universty! I'm originally from New York City but I'm abroad for university. Some of the things I love include the colour pink, furry and fat animals, watching films, going for walks, taking pictures of animals, reading sci-fi, and writing!