This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

The first signs of Spring are with us… The daylight is lasting longer and the cool breeze is suddenly accompanied by a little bit of sunshine. So whilst it’s still cool but a reasonable temperature it’s surely the best time of year to go out for a bike ride? There are many great cycle routes around different parts of the county but the one most highly recommended is the Camel Trail which is estimated to attract over half a million people every year. The 18-miles along a disused railway line promises beautiful countryside, wildlife and a relatively flat ride so is perfect for a long cycle or a walk if you’d prefer with excellent accessibility for wheel chair users and free parking all along the trail. This is one of the best and most renowned cycle and walking route that Cornwall has to offer. Split into different sections if you aren’t up for the whole 18 miles, which covers Padstow through to Wadebridge onto Bodmin and ending up in Wenford Bridge why not choose a little section of it and work up to covering more and more of it as Spring develops. There are also plenty of great places to stop for lunch and take in the view. Padstow through to Wadebridge is just over 5 miles so is a good starting point for those wanting to raise their fitness and is a good goal to work towards doing a little bit more as Spring turns to Summer! So get your bike or your walking boots ready and enjoy the ride!

My name is Laura Sherlock and I am the co-editor for Falmouth's chapter of Hercampus. I am currently in my third year of university studying English.