stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Aerie Introduces Three New “Role Models”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

One of everyone’s favorite loungewear companies, Aerie, has employed three famous and empowering young women to be the faces of their Spring 2018 campaign. Aly Raisman, Yara Shahidi, and Rachel Platten are the new ambassadors for Aerie and will be apart of their Role Model family.

Here is a little bit about them and the campaign:

Aly Raisman is known for her success in women’s gymnastics. She is a six-time Olympic medalist and was most recently in the news for giving a testimony against Larry Nassar, who was sentenced to 175 years in jail for inappropriate or abusive sexual behavior.

Yara Shahidi has graced your television on TV shows such as Black-ish and Grown-ish. The actress is turning heads in roles that are breaking the mold of the average African American female on television.

Rachel Platten is making moves in the music industry. Her catchy tunes are capturing everyone’s attention. She speaks of true struggles and how to overcome them – making women feel confident and powerful.

These three young women will be joining model Iskra Lawrence, who was already announced as an Aerie Role Model. These ladies were chosen because they are dominating in their fields of work and are using their voices to spark a change. They are the embodiment of the company’s AerieREAL campaign.

The duties of a Role Model include being featured in intimates, swim, and apparel campaigns as well as visiting Aerie stores. These visits are part of a speaking series called “Real Talk.” Body positivity and woman empowerment are just some of the topics that will be discussed at these events. We love that Aerie is hoping to inspire girls to love who they are, embrace their individuality, and boost their confidence.

Danielle Vazzano is a senior at Fairfield University and is from New York City. She is majoring in English/Professional Writing and minoring in Politics and Catholic Studies. Some of her favorite things include hanging out with friends, reading, and exploring. She studied abroad in Florence, Italy during the Spring 2019 semester.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com