9 of the Best Workouts for Lazy Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Let’s be honest, working out is hard. I think we can all agree that when we have the option of either going to the gym or watching Netflix, we chose to watch countless episodes instead of running laps.

But staying in shape is important! So for when you’re feeling lazy, but still want to be active, we’ve made a list of our favorite lazy girl workouts!

1.The Elliptical

If you’re at the gym and don’t know what to do, you should definitely hop on the elliptical! The elliptical is the easier version of the treadmill, and your feet are secure in the pedals while you work out so you don’t have to worry about falling off.

It’s easy to watch Netflix or catch up on your favorite shows while you’re on the elliptical. Just bring your phone and headphones, and play an episode while you’re breaking a sweat! Plus, if you’re scared of cardio, having your favorite show to distract you will help pass the time!

2. Exercises You Can Do In Bed

It’s the ultimate lazy girl move. Here are some easy workout moves that are all done laying down. Click the links to learn how to do these super easy moves you can do right before you go to sleep!

1. Penguin Toe Taps – 20 reps each side (40 total)

2. Single Leg Bridge – 10 reps each leg (20 total)

3. Leg Lifts – 10 reps

4. Windshield Wipers – 10 reps each side (20 total)

5. Side Leg Raises – 10 reps each side (20 total)

3. Couch Workout

All of these exercises can be done while sitting down so you don’t even have to leave your couch! You can do these during commercial breaks while watching your favorite show or movie.

What to do:

1. Bicycle Crunches – 10 reps on each side (20 total)

2. Flutter Kicks – 30 seconds

3. Raised Leg Circles – 30 seconds

4. Upward Punches – 20 reps on each arm (40 total)

5. Leg Pull-Ins – 10 reps

4. T.V. Show Or Movie Exercise Games

This is another fun way to squeeze in your workout while you catch up on your favorite shows! Simply just Google “(name of show or movie) workout game.” There are usually plenty of predesigned workouts that align with the show or movie you’re watching. For example, we love this Friends workout!

5. The Easy Arm Workout

Personally, I hate doing arms but this workout is easy in the moment. Although, you’ll definitely feel it the next morning. None of these exercises require any weights, but you will need a chair or a couch.

What to do:

1. Tight Arm Circles – 15 reps forward and 15 reps backward (30 total)

2. Arm Raises – 20 reps

3. Triceps Dips – 10 reps

4. Letter T – 15 reps

5. High Incline Push-Ups – 10 reps

6. The Easy Ab Workout

These exercises will give you great abs, and are quick and easy to figure out!

What to do:

1. Overhead Side Bend (dumbbell optional) – 15 reps each side (30 total)

2. Scissors – 20 reps

3. Superman – 10 reps

4. Knee Hugs – 10 reps

5. The Dead Bug – 10 reps each side (20 total)

7. The Easy Leg Workout  

These exercises are very simple, but you will definitely feel the burn in your glutes, calves, and hamstrings.

What to do:

1. Calf Raises – 20 reps

2. Clamshell – 10 reps each side (20 total)

3. Inner Thigh Lifts – 10 reps each side (20 total)

4. Fire Hydrants – 10 reps each side (20 total)

5. Hip Raises – 15 reps

8. The Easy Yoga Workout  

Why it’s great: While this isn’t much of a workout it is very stress relieving and can definitely help during midterm week.

What to do:

1. Child’s Pose – Hold for 5 deep breaths

2. Cat Cow – Hold for 10 deep breaths

3. Legs On Wall – Hold for 10 deep breaths

4. Cobra Pose – Hold for 10 deep breaths

5. Happy Baby – Hold for 5 deep breaths

9. Easy Total Body Workout

This workout is a bit more challenging but still definitely doable for beginners and your entire body will get a workout!

What to do:

1. Straight Leg Raises – 10 reps each leg (20 total)

2. Knee Push-Ups – 10 reps

3. Jump Rope – 30 seconds

4. Squats – 15 reps

5. Bicycle Crunches – 15 reps each side (30 total)  

Molly Concannon

Fairfield '20

Molly Concannon is a Jersey girl through and through. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in Finance and Public Relations. This is her fourth year on the Her Campus team! She is also slightly obsessed with libraries, reading, and Disney movies, and she definitely will try to pet any dogs she sees.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com