How to Avoid Sick Germs in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

The fall season is upon us and that means that germ season is slowly creeping in! With Steripod clip-on toothbrush, you’ll be able to protect yourself from the bacteria surrounding your room. Although it may seem like a no-brainer, keep these tips in mind to avoid catching the flu during the rest of the semester.

How to Avoid Sick Germs in College

Wash Your Hands: Don’t forget to wash your hands! During flu season, germs are spreading like crazy through random things like your phone, the doorknob, and even chairs. Make sure that you are constantly cleaning your hands to ensure that you are getting rid of those pesky germs. Invest in some hand sanitizer and fight off the flu!

Get Some Sleep: It might seem difficult to do as a college student but getting enough sleep is essential to ensuring that you will reduce your risks of getting sick. Not only will sleep help strengthen your immune system, but it is also great for your mental health. Being a student can be exhausting and some much-needed rest might just be the solution to that problem.

Maintain a Healthy Diet: Okay, Sodexo might not be the answer, but it is important that you maintain a healthy diet. Eating the right foods can give you the burst of energy and vitamins that you need to fight off the flu. Make sure that you are eating lots of fruits and vegetables for a well-balanced diet.

Related: Health and Wellness Tips for College Students and Guide to Self-Care & Radical Self-Hel

Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.