This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Wondering what to do with your leftover Easter chocolate? Well, look no further – here at HCX we have found the perfect solution. I can declare with arms aloft I have discovered the perfect quick and easy delicious treat to use up all of those Easter Eggs: An Easter Chocolate Cheesecake!

Preparation time: 15 minutes

Fridge time: 10-15 minutes (depending on how hard you want the chocolate) 

Although this can be made in a bowl and eaten straight from said bowl, I find it easier to use a tin tray or Tupperware.

Ingredients:

250g mascarpone

100g chocolate bar (personal preference – I chose dark but milk chocolate works just as well)

250g digestives

5 tablespoons white caster sugar

135g (softened) butter

Maltesers/ whatever chocolate you have from Easter! (I can vouch that crushed Oreos works well too)

Method:

1. Mix the sugar and mascarpone together with a spoon
  2. Melt the chocolate in a bowl until smooth
  3. Now crush the digestives (you have permission to eat a few whilst you work) and mix with the softened butter. Once thoroughly mixed this can be spooned into the   tray/bowl 
  4. The mixed mascarpone and sugar can now be smoothed on top of the compacted digestives and butter

Hopefully looking a little something like this…

5. Time to drizzle the chocolate (the messier the better!)

6. Now to put the Maltesers/ treat of your choice on top. Feel free to be as artistic as you like!

Once finished, you can pop the whole thing into the fridge for as long as you can resist/ depending on how hardened you want the chocolate. I would recommend 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!