stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Find a Fit Partner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

It’s what every fit girl dreams of: a fit boyfriend/girlfriend to workout with. We have all seen those fb videos of a couple doing push ups together and using each other’s bodyweights to get fit.  They are so adorable, so in sync and always end some brutal workouts with a cute kiss. We have seen their rock hard abs and amazing fitness skills and matching workout gear and have felt envious.

So how do we all get the man or woman of our dreams to cure those valentines blues? How do we find someone to create equally sickening videos of us working out together with?

1.      Start by joining a sports club. It honestly doesn’t matter if you never go or don’t even play hockey. But do go to the socials. Sports teams tend to mix at socials and chances are that there are some cute football players looking for a matching sporty fit partner lurking around. And if not you will just meet some great sporty people and have a great time anyway: so nothing to be lost!

2.      Stalk the gym. Usually we see the gym purely as a place to go and workout: get sweaty, shower and leave. But if you want to find your dream fit partner then the gym becomes much more than that- it becomes a dating site. Go out and buy new hot gym wear. Make eye contact and smile at the hot guy lifting in the corner. Use the gym as somewhere to hunt out fit likeminded individuals and show off your fitness skills so people know that you would make an adorable fit couple. (But also remember to actually workout and don’t spend the WHOLE time lurking by the men’s’ lockers.)

3.      Wear sports clothes everywhere. It doesn’t matter if you have worked out or not, wear that super cute sports bra and yoga pants to lectures, meetings, the library… or really anywhere. This will let people know you are not only fit and healthy but also have great sportswear style (and it’s also super comfortable!)

4.      Or realise that actually you don’t need no man or woman! Maybe start making those workout videos yourself. Make up your own routines and show that actually, whilst we may all want a super-hot workout partner, this doesn’t always happen. You may fall in love with an amazing person… who just doesn’t love the gym. And that’s okay! Own it and own getting fit and stronger. You don’t need a lover/workout partner if you are killing it by yourself!

So remember. We could all achieve the dream and have adorable workouts with our loved one. But we don’t need a guy or girl to make us complete. We can be fit, strong, independent women and hopefully the adorable workout partner will come our way……but if you do decide you want to actively search for a suitable fit partner, then hopefully these tips may help.

Geography student who loves travelling, exploring, health, fitness, good food and nutrition and loving life as much as possible!