kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

We all love a good snack. But we also don’t want to eat a whole share bag of M&M’s daily. How do we get around this? By simply having some delicious but healthy snack ideas at hand:

·         Make Your own popcorn. You can make it in 30 seconds in a microwave or on a hob. Super easy, super nutritious and as long as you don’t cover it in butter its low calorie yumminess. Try cooking it with coconut oil and drizzling with maple syrup for a healthy quick snack that will occupy your munching cravings! Also the smell of it cooking will make all your housemates super jealous!

·         Oatcakes and toppings. Wholegrain rice oatcakes are the best. Smother them in peanut butter, sugar free jam, top with banana slices or berries for a tasty, filling, carby snack!

·         Peanut butter and veg. Full of protein, fiber and healthy fats this is also easy to transport! Cut up some vegetables like carrots or pepper or cut up an apple if you want something sweet. Add a tbsp or two of peanut butter and you are ready to go!

·         Frozen fruit. Fruit is amazing, full of nutrition and super sweet! It really is a must in any healthy diet. However, it also goes off quickly and it can be annoying to keep your fridge at Uni stocked with fresh fruit. So freeze it! I cut up ripe mangos, bananas, apples, grapes into freeze bags and keep in the freezer so I never run out. Nibble on frozen fruit for a sweet snack that is healthy and super satisfying (frozen mango tastes like mango sorbet!)

·         Make your own trail mix. Normal ready-made trail mix can be full of all sorts of weird unhealthy thing so make your own! Buy unsalted nuts, dried fruit, some oats or some plain popcorn and mix to make the mix how you want it. Try adding cocoa nibs or dark chocolate or coconut flakes to make it fancy!

All these are easy and cheap and perfect for Uni snacks to keep you fuelled when stuck in the library cramming. So when you want to have a healthier snack then a whole bag of Doritos, try out some of these!

Geography student who loves travelling, exploring, health, fitness, good food and nutrition and loving life as much as possible!