This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

The gym has historically been a place for fitness fanatics to work on their stamina, for jocks to work on increasing their muscle mass and for athletes to work on toning their bodies. However, the modern gym has a lot more to offer than the mundane description of being simply a place to exercise. It has become a place to socialise, catch up with friends whilst stretching and gives you the opportunity to challenge yourself by training in a group or in a pair. So it goes hand in hand when I say that the gym is also a popular location to meet your romantic partner – and was voted one of the top 10 places to meet eligible bachelors in ‘All Women’s Talk’ Magazine.

Ladies, not only do you know in advance that these guys value their health and appearance, but the gym is the place to meet the good looking ones!

With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, the fashion retailers have been pulling out all the stops to produce exercise clothing that will help you stand out from the crowd and catch the eye of a gym hottie. The days of Nike sweats and Puma slacks are gone and replaced by 2013 designer gym-wear with labels from high-street to fashion legends. The inspiration behind much of this fashionable gym clothing is to give women the confidence to work out more often but look great whilst doing so… and who knows, you may even pick up a date for the 14th of February.

Victoria’s Secret

Victoria’s Secret is without a doubt one of the sexiest clothing companies around, and their new range of exercise clothing is enough to inspire anyone to jump on a treadmill.

Stella McCartney for Adidas

After Stella McCartney’s success designing the clothes for team GB at the Olympic Games, she has brought out her very own line of innovative Adidas sportswear, being sold everywhere from the High Street to Harrods.

American Apparel

American Apparel’s success in both the UK and America is undisputed, and its range of gym-wear is guaranteed to make you stand out from the crowd in and out of the gym this February.                

H&M

This worldwide High Street chain was quick to jump on the bandwagon and its 2013 expanding fitness collection is catching like wildfire. It is fashionable sports clothing which is both affordable and practical.

So glam up your gym wear this year in the run up to this Valentine’s Day, and your new attire will be sure to attract the best of the gym boys.

Image/Clothing Credits: victoriassecret.com, adidas.co.uk, store.americanapparel.co.uk, hm.com