This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

One of the most exciting things I find about being home is being able to get to London within 45 minutes on a train. Living on the other side of the country in a town that’s literally almost at Land’s End, sometimes I find myself missing the sheer scale of the city, and the excitement of the hustle-and-bustle in London. 

Something’s always going on, there’s always something to see, and the markets there are huge – backdropped by cityscapes that take your breath away: 

Not only that, but London is full of history; you can get from the Natural History Museum to the Globe in less than half an hour.

That being said, even with all the excitement of the city, it’s hard to forget why I love living in Falmouth. Hustle and bustle is fun for one, maybe two days, but living in an area where the beach is a ten minute walk away and you’re surrounded by woodland trails, coastal paths and nature walks is amazing.

Anyway, I know that if I miss it all too much, London is only a (6 hour) train journey away!