This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Let me take you back to February when Seal was social media free for the month. With all this extra free time, she ventured onto Title Boxing’s website and discovered that they had a free class for new or prospective members. The following morning, Seal notifies me that she signed both of us up for a class Saturday morning at 7 am. 7AM like what?!? Both of us were feeling slightly nervous about class because we had never joined a group class workout before and we were unsure of the safety of the class during the pandemic. 

Our anxieties aside, we woke up at the crack of dawn and got dressed for class that Saturday morning. We drove to Title and they signed us in and we had to purchase our own boxing gloves for Covid safety reasons. The owner greeted us and helped us wrap our hands for the first time. We voiced our anxiety about the class but she reassured us that it was going to be low-key and that we could do as much or as little as we felt comfortable doing. She showed us the different hits: jab, cross, uppercuts, and hooks. The boxing bags were spaced out so that you were not too close to another individual during class and we felt much better. 

The boxing coach was also incredibly nice and she made sure that we were prepared for the exercise. The class started with an active warm-up and then we began the 45 minute class. 

– Stella 

Woah, let me tell you… we were not prepared for 8 intense rounds which mostly included boxing, but also abs, legs, arms, and stamina building. It is a go-go-GO class. After the first round, which only lasted a few minutes, we gave each other the please-let-me-go-back-to-sleep look. In my defense, 7AM was the ONLY time that was available. We have yet to book another 7AM class, but instead, we got into the routine of going to afternoon or evening classes. 

Nevertheless, the motivation from the trainer leading the class is the most important thing to me. They really care about us working hard, feeling good, and pushing ourselves to be stronger. As someone who doesn’t particularly enjoy working out, boxing was really invigorating and empowering. Although it was exhausting (a good kind of exhaustion), we left every class smiling… and very, very sweaty. Another thing we’ve integrated into the boxing routine was ordering acai smoothie bowls after for a healthy and rewarding meal. This honestly keeps me motivated when I want to give up mid-round of our session. 

Stella and I are constantly exploring new classes (and bringing new friends with us too) to challenge ourselves, but also figure out which style of class works best for us. Not to mention, boxing is great simply because we love looking like absolute badasses with our wraps and gloves on. Anyone we talk to about boxing knows how much we enjoy it. We can go on and on for hours talking about how much we love boxing and how glad we are that we have been consistent members of the Title Boxing Club. 

– Seal 

Selia Potas

Endicott '23

Hi friends! My name is Seal, I'm currently the President of Her Campus, and I'm so excited you're here!! I'm a junior art education major with a concentration in secondary education and a minor in creative arts therapy at Endicott College in Beverly, MA!
Stella Psiakis

Endicott '23

I am an Interior Architecture major Business Administration minor at Endicott who loves spending time with my friends, going to the beach, hanging out with my dogs, and making Pinterest boards! I am a gluten-free foodie who loves to travel and hopes to see the whole world one day!