This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

I’ve heard many people talk about how leggings are no longer acceptable as pants after college. To me, this statement seems pretty outdated. Leggings have become increasingly popular during recent years, and activewear in general has transformed into “athleisure,” worn during any and every time of day—it’s definitely not solely worn to and from the gym. I have compiled a list of leggings to suit multiple needs and preferences, from leggings for the gym to a night out with your girls!

Yoga/Brunch:

Alo High-Waist AirBrush Leggings ($82): Models Kendal Jenner and Gigi Hadid have recently been spotted donning these leggings on multiple occasions, most likely for their airbrushed, slimming finish. These leggings not only elongate the leg, but also hug your figure with the high-waist band, which is also important for keeping everything covered during an intense yoga class.

A Night Out:

Aritzia Wilfred Free Daria Pant ($135): These leggings also have a great slimming effect and can be dressed up or dressed down. You can wear them for a movie night or even to a nice dinner, as they look great with everything. They are made from a vegan leather that is stretchy and contours to your body, so you don’t have to worry about being uncomfortable in a pair of rigid leather leggings.

Intense Gym Session/Everywhere:

Outdoor Voices ¾ Two-Tone Warmup Legging ($85): Outdoor Voices makes some great super soft leggings that are surprisingly workout friendly, given how comfortable they are. They are two-toned with strategically placed and very flattering color paneling that comes in navy and charcoal, chalk pink & whiteout, and dove and slate.

Staying Cozy/Studying:

Free People Soft Legging ($38): These are the ultimate leggings for a day when you just want to cuddle up in bed and watch Netflix all day. The heathered fabric is super soft and comfortable and has a cute ruffled bottom hem. They’re fitted, so you don’t feel like you’re wearing sweatpants; they’re kind of like a more chic version of pajamas. They also look very cute paired with some boots and an oversized sweater.

Hopefully this guide helps you expand your closet with more comfortable, cozy, versatile, and universally flattering leggings!

Her Campus at Emory University