This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Trying to look cute while showing some personality can be a challenge when you face the restrictions of the business dress code. Incorporating just a few key pieces as well as purchasing great fitting clothes are key ways to succeed when it comes to this part of your wardrobe.

First, let’s start with accessories. It’s best to keep it minimal so as not to distract your interviewer/future employer! I love the Ann Taylor Signature Crossbody Tote ($98) because it looks clean and business-like, but still has some fun detailing so it doesn’t seem boring. The bag looks great in its two color options of cream and black, and you can even use it hands-free with the crossbody strap—when you need the extra hands to make sure your resume is sitting perfectly straight in your folder.

For shoes, I’m a big fan of Cole Haan’s Bethany Pump ($248) in Black. You can walk around in them for hours and still feel your toes! When it comes to comfortable heels that still look like you could wear them in a non-business setting, these are definitely the shoes to purchase. They come in different heel heights, but the 85mm heel I think is the best option for height and functionality.

For clothes, a shirt with a cute bow around the neckline is a great way to give your outfit a little extra bit of fun. The Express Silk Chiffon Tie Neck Blouse ($98) in Ivory has a small bow that’s not overpowering, and it ties around your neck so it doubles as a necklace as well!

For trousers, the Reiss Joanne Cropped Tailored Trousers ($180) are my top pick. The crop makes them perfect for petites (no alterations needed). Even if you don’t wear petites-sized pants, they’re still a fun alternative to a full-length pant that would cover your heels. The trousers are tailored so they’re not boxy, but not tight either. They are also super comfortable, which is important if you’re going to be wearing them all day, going from interview to interview.

For blazers, I don’t always think buying the matching jacket with the pantsuit works best; it depends on the fit of the blazer. The J.Crew Campbell Blazer ($288) fits me perfectly without any extra tailoring needed, so I would suggest shopping around for a blazer that fits you perfectly and then finding trousers of the same hue with a great fit.

With all of these wonderful suggestions, you’ll be well equipped to rock every your spring internship and your interviews!

Her Campus at Emory University