etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Getting Your Darty Body Ready, as Told by Reality TV Stars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Ladies, if you haven’t realized, it’s offically “darty” season. Of course, this means that it’s time for us to ditch the lib for a few hours and spend our weekend days outdoors, soaking in the sun and enjoying ourselves with our friends. As much fun as it is, darty season also leads a lot of us to begin to work on our summer bodies to get that “perfect” season body. While you’re thinking about getting your summer body ready or contemplating what to wear to the next darty, here are some stages of getting your “bikini body” ready for darty season, as told by your favorite reality television stars.

It all starts with the excitement of ordering new bathing suits online.

However, you quickly get super annoyed at how long the bathing suits are taking to deliver. 

When they finally come, the box is bigger than you expected. You must’ve gone a little crazy a few weeks ago. 

It’s time to try them all on. But, you ordered so many that you can’t even remember what they look like! 

And when you step in front of the mirror you’re thinking it’s going to feel like:

But, it ends up going more like:

So, you start thinking of all these crazy diets you can start.

And all the exercise programs you can do…

But, in reality the heart wants what the heart wants.

And although your mind might be telling you no, your body is more like:

After staring at yourself in the mirror for five to ten minutes you think:

And then you remember…there’s a darty today! 

So, you take another long, hard look before eventually stepping out into the cruel, cruel world.

And you realize that the bathing suit is hugging you in all the right places.

After trying on a few more, you like what you see.

Finally, all is right in the world. 

Happy darty season!

I like music more than i like most people, I'd take death over decaf any day and I'm currently suffering from chronic resting b*tch face. Oh, and I'm probably the one in black.
Her Campus at Emory University