Finals Week Inspiration: Hollywood Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

With finals right around the corner, our fellow Emory students have started displaying the typical end-of-term signs of heightening stress and frustration. Club Libs has replaced Frat Row for the go-to place to spend Saturday nights, every organization has taken the opportunity to set up kiosks with donuts and pizza for every student’s 2 AM craving, and everyone looks beyond sleep deprived. But, in times of stress, we’ve heard that we ought to look to the stars for inspiration. Well, look down for a minute, because while the planets and the moon can offer tons of solace, our favorite celebrities are really incomparable. 

1. Barney Stinson AKA Neil Patrick Harris

This HIMYM star sure had the ideal approach to life. Barney Stinson was by far the coolest, most exciting character in the show, and his persistent happiness sure was cause for envy. So, in the days to come, if you ever find yourself thinking “I can’t do this,” well then, remember the wise words of Mr. Stinson.

2.  Ryan Gosling

Your parents remind you constantly of why you’re in college (i.e., to study and do well—in case you were wondering). You see your friends constantly headed to the library, and yet you often just lack the inspiration. Here’s a foolproof way to get to motivated. (If this doesn’t motivate you, I don’t know what will.)

3. Bob Marley

When your stress levels have reached their peak and you’re ready for a break, plug in your headphones and get a little advice from the oh-so-chill Bob Marley. At the end, I guarantee: no woman, no cry.

4. J-Law

5. Shia LaBeouf 

Ever felt like the textbook just drones on, and on, and on, and that you’re never going to finish ALL that material in time? Well, you know what? Just do it.

6. Emma Watson

Sure, questions where you reconsider your life do come up over the course of finals. Who better to consult about your feelings than the ever-intelligent Ms. Watson? 

7.  Queen Bey

Chin up: after all, if Beyoncé has moments of negativity, surely you can too. But guess what? According to Beyoncé, there’s a way out of it—a way that only makes you greater.

8. Oprah Winfrey

Ever heard about all those famous people who, after having failed numerous times, finally achieved success? Oprah was one of them. After having being rejected on multiple occasions, she picked herself right up, and became something even than before. And look where she is now. Hopefully, this should put finals into perspective.

Finals week is definitely daunting. But, while in the short-run it really does seem like a complete nuisance to undergo, in the long run all the work you put in will pay off. All my celebrity pals agree: at the very end, it will all have been worth it. Happy finals!

Her Campus at Emory University