5 Cookies You HAVE to Bake Over Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

If you’re anything like me, thinking about our month-long winter break is what gets you through studying for finals. If I’m not procrastinating on Facebook, I’m usually counting down the hours until I’ll be on the plane on my way home to Boston and daydreaming about all the fun things I can do at home. Though having a month off from all the stress and craziness of school is amazing, after the first week I almost always run out of things to do.  This is one of the only times a year we can truly kick back and relax without any work hanging over our heads, but we are used to having a million assignments to do, tests to study for, and meetings to be on time for.  When I’m bored at home over break, I almost always resort to baking.  Not only is baking totally festive and cute, and perfect for the holiday season, but it is also fun and something you can do on your own or with friends.  Here are a few of my favorite cookies you have to bake over winter break!

1.     Sugar Cookies

Yes, they are totally a classic, but sugar cookies are ideal for decorating.  Keep them simple and round, or cut them out with your fave holiday shapes – gingerbread men, christmas trees, candy canes, or reindeer.  Ice them in green or red frosting, and sprinkle with sugar if you’re looking for something festive to bring to a Christmas party!

2.     Snickerdoodles

You’ll either love them or hate them, but trust me you have to try them.  You won’t be sorry.

3.     Hershey’s Kiss Peanut Butter Cookies

Perfect for the peanut butter lover.  These are melt-in-your-mouth good and super easy to make.

4.     Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie

You seriously can’t go wrong…

5.     Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie

A little spin on your favorite chocolate chip cookie, they are definitely worth a try.  Bake these if you’re looking to switch up a classic.

Her Campus at Emory University