This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Since covid has been neverending I have found an appreciation for working out at home. I honestly love the privacy and the classes online are SO good and some are even free! In the past two weeks as I’ve been back at school I have been better about working out and doing different styles of classes since I am getting into a better schedule these days. Without further ado, here are some of my favorite home workout style classes.

Beginner Level Boxing

Okay gonna be honest, this one was super fun and truly did give me a workout. It involved not only learning how to punch, but also incorporated cardio, leg, and arm workouts that helped to tone the whole body. Incredibly fun, but also a great challenge that definitely got me sweating.

Pilates

I can’t lie, I have done this one twice and I think I have fallen in love. I’ve also learned that I have very weak neck muscles that I need to get ahold of to do better in the future. I feel absolutely ripped after doing a pilates class and it’s also more fun to do it with your roommate to motivate each other to keep going through the pain.

HIIT 

I have a strong love, mainly hate, relationship with these workouts. So much so that I haven’t done one in over a year, but I felt as though I had to add it to the list anyway. This one kicks my ass and I would much rather just do a cardio workout in replacement.

Yoga

This is and always will be my go to, my favorite, my love. I adore yoga and the meditative aspects with it. This is the workout that helps me to clear my head and also move. I do different types that range from a ten minute cardio yoga and then a yin class, or a flow class, or a power yoga. It all depends on the mood I’m in and what my body is ready for that day. 

Go forth and enjoy these ideas of things to do! I know I love the feeling of getting up and moving my body, even if I love it more when I’m done.

Alyssa Martin

Emmanuel '22

Alyssa is currently a senior at Emmanuel College with a major in English Secondary Education. You can find her writing poetry, doing yoga, or binging one of her comfort shows.