This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Emerson has always been a chapter that likes to take risks, so emailing the chapter network to spotlight different Her Campus Chapters at other schools was no different. One of the schools that we decided to introduce to you is the chapter at Purdue, located in West Lafayette, Indiana.  The chapter was founded in the spring of 2011, but went on a hiatus between 2013 and the fall of 2016. In the Fall of 2016, the chapter was relaunched, where it is now made up of about 20 members. The team loves being involved with Her Campus and hope that the work they are putting in will inspire other students on campus to find and share their voices. 

The team is currently lead by a 5-person executive board. The CCs for Her Campus Purde are Janice Chan, a senior majoring in biological engineering, and Taylor Bragdon, a senior majoring in selling and sales management. The team’s senior editor is Leslie Bastulli, a sophomore majoring in industrial engineering. On the marketing side of the magazine, the team has Katherine Tuey, a junior majoring in corporate communications and psychology as their events director, and Sharon Jin, a sophomore majoring in marketing as their social media director (give HC Purdue a follow on their social channels here: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest). And, if the make-up of their executive board tells you one thing about HC Purdue, it is that they will accept anyone no matter what their major is, so don’t feel like in order to share your voice, you need to be majoring in some form of writing. 

In terms of content produced by HC Purdue, the chapter wanted to highlight three of their favorite features, and two of their favorite profiles. For features, the team selected: 7 Ways to Take Control of Your Semester, Taking the Stress Out of Homework, and Love Carbs? Try These Vegetables. For profiles, the chapter decided to highlight: Get to Know Our Team: Andi Baker and Get to Know our Team: Sammy Bonnet. For more amazing content, you can check out the Her Campus Purdue webpage

Switching gears to the events that are put on by HC Purdue, a lot of them have to do with team bonding, since they want to make sure that their team feels welcomed and close-knit. They recently held a Halloween event, where the chapter members hung out, painted pumpkins and ate cupcakes! They also have come upcoming holiday bonding events that will help them get involved with other events on campus through collaborating with other student clubs and organizations. 

One of the chapter’s favorite memories comes from an event they ran last year for Thanksgiving. The chapter held a Friendsgiving party where members were encouraged to sit and talk with their teammates to help decompress from a stressful semester. They loved getting a break from school work and being able to laugh together while eating all the food!

Her Campus Purdue is really looking to expand their membership this year, and welcome a lot of new members to their team through becoming more of a presence on campus. They want to open their club up to the rest of the purdue community, and show everyone the hard work that they are putting in. If you are looking to get involved further, you can always email HC Purdue at hc.purdue@hercampus.com or DM them on their Instagram! 

Finally, we asked the chapter to describe themselves in three words, to which the ccs responded: “Our three words are open, diverse, and uplifting. We chose open because we do not discriminate against anyone and everyone is welcome to join Her Campus at Purdue. Diversity for us comes with being open; we have members from all different kinds of majors and backgrounds. Finally we chose uplifting because no matter what we always see our members uplifting and supporting one another.”

Bonus Questions: 

TS: What Hogwarts house does your chapter most identify with? 

CCs: Hufflepuff

TS: Is your chapter team Edward or Team Jacob?  Or for daring, Team Kristen Stewart as a person?

CCs: Team Edward

TS: Is your chapter more cat people or dog people?

CCs: Dogs!

TS: Does your chapter identify more with beaches or lakes?

CCs: Beaches!

*ALL PHOTOS PROVIDED BY HC PURDUE*

Talia is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Emerson. Talia is also a Chapter Advisor, Region Leader, and HSA Advisor. She has previously worked as an intern for the national headquarters of Her Campus in the community management department. Talia is a Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College in a 4+1 combined bachelor's and master's program in publishing. She is an aspiring writer and publisher. Talia is known for living life with her journal, a pen, and three lovely cats.