This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Emerson has always been a chapter that liked to take risks, so emailing the chapter network to spotlight different Her Campus Chapters at other schools was no different. One of the schools that we have decided we wanted to introduce to you, is the chapter at Fordham University. The chapter started out as a small and Fordham affiliated organization, filled with women who wanted to write and share their voices. Now, the chapter is close to having 100 members and they strive to work hard for a sense of accomplishment and female empowerment. The chapter also prides itself on its mission to promote togetherness and strong writing.

In meeting the team, I have the pleasure of introducing everyone to their wonderful executive board! Each member took the time to write and submit their bio, and we wanted to respect that, so here are the bios that they submitted to us! 

Nicole Criscuolo

Nicole Criscuolo, a New Jersey native & a Senior in Gabelli, has served as HC Fordham’s Campus Correspondent since last October & is really looking forward to yet another year of working with the coolest girl gang around! With a major in Marketing, minor in Business Law & Ethics, & a real knack for writing, Nicole has found much enjoyment in contributing to Her Campus & she hopes to lead her fellow members to do the same.

Grace Buczak

Grace Buczak is a Sophomore at Rose Hill, originally from Buffalo, New York. She is majoring in Political Science & minoring in French & Philosophy. In addition to her love of writing, Grace plays club soccer. Grace also loves to keep up with politics & current events.

Rachele Lena

Rachele Lena is a Philosophy & Sociology Double-Major & plans to continue onto law school after graduation. Rachele is passionate about current events & political news, but also loves to make every girl’s day at Fordham a bit more fun & vibrant with her many product reviews & beauty-centered pieces. Rachele will be spending the Fall studying abroad in London.

We asked the team to highlight their favorite articles that they have written over the past year, so that everyone can get a feel for the work that HC Fordham is producing. The team writes about everything from politics to fashion, and from self-care to current events. They also love to write about New York City and Fordham specific content. The team decided to highlight Grace Buczak’s article, “2020 is About to Feel The Bern,” regarding Bernie Sanders’ 2020 campaign.  Additionally, the team highlighted Rachele Lena’s article on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez entitled “Who is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Why Should you Care?” as well as her article “Strong Women on Campus,” which highlighted women at Fordham who are doing incredible work. They also wished to highlight Campus Correspondent Nicole Criscuolo’s article “Female Run Companies in NYC,” and newest member Lauren Cassot’s article “Pajamas, but Make It Fashion.” To see more of HC Fordham’s amazing content, you can check out their Her Campus Page!

In addition to the articles, HC Fordham is also actively participating in partnership campaigns and attending events in the city. They recently attended College Fashion Week as a team, and they are thankful that they are so close to the city so that they are able to participate in all of the events held in Manhattan. They have the unique opportunity to take in everything that New York City has to offer. 

At this time, the Fordham chapter is looking to get more involved with their local community in the Bronx, and are particularly looking into some community outreach around the holidays.  They are passionate about continuing to grow their team and both their online and community presence. Finally, they are especially looking to find a way to best highlight the hard work that their writers are doing at the chapter, and the Fordham community as a whole, for the support that they have given the chapter. In doing so, they are starting up a writer spotlight series, so that they can give credit where it is due!  

In closing, the HC Fordham team selected the three words that they felt best described them.  The words that they have chosen, are Empowering, fiery, and fun. Nicole stated that “We work to empower one another and those around us. We are not afraid to tell the world who are and what we stand for. And we like to have fun while doing it!”

If you are looking to join HC Fordham, you can reach out to them through Instagram or email (hc.fordham@hercampus.com), or you can attend one of their upcoming meetings! At the meeting, the team will help you set up your Her Campus account, and get you added to the email list so that you can start writing. You can also find the chapter on Facebook and Twitter, where they love to promote their chapter and hold partnerships with other female-led clubs on campus.  

*All images are credited to Her Campus Fordham Campus Correspondent & member Nicole Criscuolo. E-board headshots are credited to members named.

Talia is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Emerson. Talia is also a Chapter Advisor, Region Leader, and HSA Advisor. She has previously worked as an intern for the national headquarters of Her Campus in the community management department. Talia is a Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College in a 4+1 combined bachelor's and master's program in publishing. She is an aspiring writer and publisher. Talia is known for living life with her journal, a pen, and three lovely cats.