bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Best Boston Workouts on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Are you an expert exerciser, but you’re sick of going to the gym? Or are you new to working out and want to take classes? You’ve come to the right place! More and more fitness studios are joining in and offering student discounts with their exercise classes. Here are a few places to definitely try out.

Flywheel Sports

Flywheel is located in the Prudential Center. Referring to their workout as “Stadium Cycling”, Flywheel is by far my favorite spin studio around. With all the lights turned out for this 45- or 60-minute class, Flywheel blasts motivational music and gets you spinning hard. You leave the class feeling energized and strong.

Students can take Flywheel Spin as well as FlyBarre, the company’s version of Barre classes, for $15 per class.

The Z Spot

Right on Berklee’s campus, The Z Spot is a Zumba studio. Zumba is an easy-to-follow, Latin-inspired, dance class that is effect and so much fun. It’s almost like a dance party, not an exercise class.

The Z Spot offers student’s classes for $15 per class.

Cyc Fitness

Cyc Fitness is a spin studio located within the David Barton Gym within the Park Plaza Hotel. These 45-minute high impact spin classes are taught in the dark with arm weights for almost 15-minutes of the class, giving you a full body workout.

Cyc offers students classes for $17 per class.

Barry’s Bootcamp

Barry’s Bootcamp is one of the hardest exercise classes I have ever taken. Located a short walk from Emerson, the classes are 60-minute class, with 30-minutes of treadmill training and 30-minutes of weights. The classes differ from Full Body to Absolute Abs and all of the above.

Barry’s Bootcamp offers student’s classes for $20 per class.

Pursuit Boston

Looking for a hard working with a welcoming environment? Check out Pursuit, located right on Boylston Street. This is a great place if you’re just getting started with Spin; a complete judgment-free zone, Pursuit teaches you how to spin properly and how to work out to your full potential.

Pursuit offers student’s classes for $15 per class.

North End Yoga

Offering a variety of yoga classes, North End Yoga is a great place for all yogi’s. Learn new yoga tricks or master the art at this cozy studio in an awesome location. With instructors that are eager to teach, this is the place for you.

North End Yoga offers student’s classes for $13 for drop-in classes.

If you’re an exercise pro or if you’re new to the fitness craze, studios all over Boston offer a variety of exercise classes. If none of these classes interest you, check out more fitness websites and search to see if they offer student discounts—most do! Just remember to bring your Student ID!

Emerson contributor