6 Signs You’re an Excessive Worrier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

We’ve all felt it.

We’ve all dealt  with it. 

It is a pain to get over, but hey it comes with being a busy gal who has lots of important things to do in her day.

Worry. EXCESSIVE worrying. Here’s the first sign you’ve got a whole lotta mess on your mind.

1) You make up every possible scenario for a situation that may or may not even happen. 

Life’s already hard on it’s own, and now you have to deal with every possibility and counter possibility that crosses your mind. True, it’s good to think ahead but you have to know when to draw the line.

2) “What if’s” have taken over your life… Until you realize it was unnecessary and a complete waste of time.

“What if what I’m doing right now at this very moment will decide something super important in my life”. 

“What if no one every really says what they mean”

3) You. question. every. decision. you. make.

Decisions.. Decisions..

4) Other’s peoples lives affect you way more than they should.

*Friend gets new car* *Thinks about every possible way you would ever remotely interact with friend or her car*

5) You convice yourself everything you worry about is actually realistic…

How many times have you told yourself something “could potentially happen” when the chances are out of this world with a much needed reality check.

6) You tell yourself you worry way too much.

Let’s be honest. You can’t go a day without lugging around a bag of stress. It’s impossible not to look at yourself at the end of the day and tell yourself to get your stuff together.