girl travel colorado hiking peace trees mountains
Cameron Smith / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

From snowcapped mountains to fiery sunsets, the landscape of Colorado is one of the most beautiful in the world. Every day that I look out my window I am entranced by the beauty that surrounds me. Not only are the sights of nature beautiful, but so are the smells and sounds. 

mountains of montana
Photo by Kalen Emsley from Unsplash

Nothing beats the smell of pine needles and the air right before a rain. I love the sound of the wind in an otherwise silent world, the raindrops pitter-pattering on my window, and the crickets chirping in the night. There is not much about nature that I do not love and I try to spend as much time in it as possible.

In the past year, I have made a point to spend more time in nature than ever before. Before, I would almost never spend much time outside and didn’t truly appreciate the beauty that surrounded me. However, with nowhere to go during the pandemic hiking in the mountains has been the perfect activity. I adore the freedom that I feel when there is no one around and seeing trees as far as the eye can see. Being in nature helps me gain an appreciation for how big the world is and how much beauty it has to offer. Hiking helps me forget all of my worries and just live in the moment. Nature and all of its beauty make me feel instantly happy and free and that is why I love it so much.

Two men and two women wearing backpacks laughing in front of mountains
Photo by Felix Rostig from Unsplash

I'm Alexandra and I love to read, hike, and play with my puppy. I am so excited to be a part of Her Campus DU!