HCDU Celebrates National Poetry Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

It’s April and you know what that means! It’s my birthday month, but also it’s National Poetry Month! Isn’t that awesome? Here at HCDU we are super pumped to celebrate poetry, as well as other amazing works of literature. 

Our contributors will be writing about literature or publishing works of their own all this week, so be on the look out for some awesome, original content. 

Furthermore, we are hosting ‘Spring Speak’ in partnership with DU Book Club and DU Drama Ensemble. This event is an open mic night geared towards more than just poetry. The mic welcomes any type of original written work from prose to poetry, letters to monologues, or whatever your heart desires to speak and set free. 

Spring Speak will be this Wednesday April 25th from 6:30 – 9 pm in the “Sub Pub” (the Subway in Driscoll Bridge), snacks and drinks will be provide, but limited. Please come join us for a fun time and listen to a variety of authors present their works! 

And if you missed this event, check out Hannah Renea’s recap article here

Currently a graduate from the University of Denver with a BS in Psychology (concentration: cognitive neuroscience) and BA in Spanish. With a passion for learning, she enjoys understanding more the world, others, and herself. She absolutely loves her orange hair, being a woman, traveling, languages, and exploring new ideas and cultures. Also, she's in the #girlgang for life.