DU Love, Sex and Health Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

It’s Week 7 already Pios, but not all is lost… Because this week is also the Love, Health and Sex Week at DU!!

Credit for this event goes to the following organizations and institutions here at DU: DU Collegiate Council on Gender Violence Topics, Health and Counseling Center, The Center for Advocacy, Prevention, and Empowerment, and the University of Denver’s Women’s College for donating space for the reception of the Vagina Monologues. 

Activities

Monday, February 12th 

• – 11 am: Queer Sex @ Driscoll Gallery
  • – 12 pm: LGBTQ+ and Faithfulness @ Driscoll Gallery
  • – 6 pm: DRAG Against Humanity @ Driscoll Underground

Tuesday, February 13th

– 12:30 pm: Feminist Porn @ Driscoll Gallery

– 6 pm: Sex Trivia @ Driscoll Subway

Wednesday, February 14th 

– 10:30 am: Love Yourself Yoga @ Driscoll  145

– 12 pm: Let’s Talk About Sex (Work) @ Driscoll 145

Thursday February 15th 

– 11 am – 4pm: FREE STI Testing @ Driscoll Gallery 

– 6:30 pm: Vagina Monologues @ Driscoll Gallery

Friday February 16th

– 12 pm: Sex, Love, Lust, and Relationships @ Driscoll Gallery

Sponsors

Health and Counseling Center – HCC

The Health & Counseling Center (HCC) provides many medical and mental health services for students on campus. It is staffed by physicians, physicians assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, and other trained professionals. 

The Center for Advocacy, Prevention, and Empowerment ​- CAPE

CAPE supports survivor healing by providing advocacy and support for victims of sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, and sexual harassment. They are a part of the HCC and are available Monday – Friday at various times found here.

University of Denver’s Women’s College

Colorado Women’s College at the University of Denver is dedicated to the advancement of women and girls through:

• supporting innovative approaches to women’s life-long learning & leadership development in order to be self-sufficient participants, decision-makers, and social change leaders in all areas of society.
  • catalyzing collaborative research and artistic endeavors that create knowledge, inform policy, transform practice, and question existing paradigms in order to support women’s equity and advancement.
  • convening collaborative work, training, and public dialogue that enables women and girls to realize their full talent potential and make significant contributions in Denver, the Rocky Mountain West region, and the world.

DU Collegiate Council on Gender Violence Topics – CCGVT​

The Collegiate Council on Gender Violence Topics (formerly SCESA) was created to synthesize existing efforts on campus for education on and prevention of gender-based violence. Also, they are working to expand these efforts to include activism, community outreach, and greater student involvement. 

Anyone with an interest in helping to prevent gender-based violence including sexual assault can be a part of CCGVT! We ask that members attend meetings regularly and help out at events we have planned. 

I wanted to join CCGVT to be actively involved in ending gender violence and educating our peers on gender violence and how it affects those around us.”  – Maya Anthony, CO’ 2020

A photo of presidents Shannon Saul CO’ 2020 and Ellie Goodspeed CO’ 2018 at the Look-Out Cook-Out last fall. 

Prospective new members can send an email to shannon.saul@du.edu | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CCGVT/

Currently a graduate from the University of Denver with a BS in Psychology (concentration: cognitive neuroscience) and BA in Spanish. With a passion for learning, she enjoys understanding more the world, others, and herself. She absolutely loves her orange hair, being a woman, traveling, languages, and exploring new ideas and cultures. Also, she's in the #girlgang for life.