This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

It’s wintertime and all you want are those holiday cookies, cakes and more. These treats are endless, and slowly but surely, they catch up to physically, mentally, and emotionally making you feel sluggish, regretful and in need of a detox. It can be very hard to transform one’s diet, but the transition is typically easier if one thinks of it as a positive ‘lifestyle’ change and not just as a temporary diet or quick fix. But to move toward this overall change, below are a few post-holiday detox tips you can follow to get back on track:

1. Drink lots of water

Refill your water bottle wherever you are whenever you get the chance. This is one of the easiest ways to stay healthy and should be done regardless. Staying hydrated is not only good for clearing the body of toxins, but for general good health and well-being. 

2. Stay Active

Whether it’s walking, biking, swimming or attending a beloved workout class, exercise is one of the best ways to rev one’s metabolism after too many holiday treats. Build it into your schedule ahead of time so you can make sure you can sweat out toxins. This will keep you motivated and will keep your energy up as well!

3. Make healthy food choices

This is always easier said than done especially after the holidays, but consciously choosing to eat healthier will keep you feeling better physically, mentally and emotionally. Take fruit and nuts with you as a snack and choose the healthiest option when eating out because the small things are what add up!

4. Indulge when needed

Indulging and treating oneself is always necessary to keep sane, but choose where you will indulge and on what and instead eat healthy 90% of the time!

5. Drink tea

Green, black and peppermint tea is your best friend when it comes to resetting your health goals. Instead of reaching for an unhealthy snack, making a cup of tea is filling and will usually fulfill those cravings. 

6. Meal Prep

Meal prepping is one the easiest ways to ensure you will have healthy meals and snacks to have when you need them. Choose one day a week where you can cook a week’s worth of food to last you. Therefore, when you’re feeling stressed about healthy options, you will know you prepped ahead of time making you less likely to make unhealthy choices!

Design and Merchandising
Her Campus Drexel contributor.