barcelona spain abroad europe water sea sunny summer blue be happy car .pdf
Cameron Smith / Her Campus

Underrated YouTubers with Positive Messages

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Youtube is a vast site with a lot of content and creators to watch and enjoy. When enjoying content, it is important to reflect on which Youtubers deserve your viewership. I have compiled a list of YouTubers that have positive messages and deserve more credit.

Sign Duo

Sign Duo is the vlog channel of Ellen and Ryan, a couple that met in high school and now document their life living in California together as a signing couple. The channel has a focus on ASL (American Sign Language) as Ryan is deaf. During the introduction of every video the couple urges viewers to turn on their subtitles so they can understand the conversation, and even learn a little ASL. I think this channel does a great job of tackling misconceptions about people who are deaf, as they conduct many question and answer sessions with viewers asking questions about the deaf community, their individual experiences with ASL, in addition to questions about their relationship. Under the about tab of their 230k subscriber channel, they said, “We’re a signing couple showing the world how Deaf and Hearing relationships work!”.

Molly Burke 

Another YouTuber championing disability visibility is a 26-year-old named Molly Burke. She has a charming and positive outlook on life. She has been open about every part of her life on her channel from dating to her guide dog, body positivity and simply navigating life as a blind woman. Molly has purple hair and lives in Los Angeles although she originally hails from Canada. I think that Molly is the role model that many young women need, and her YouTube channel is a wonderful peek into her life and personality.

Stephanie Nicole 

As far as the beauty sector of YouTube goes, megastars like James Charles and Jeffree Star come to mind. However, I think Stephanie Nicole has one of the best beauty channels on the site. Stephanie Nicole isn’t a YouTuber by trade. In fact, she has proclaimed “YouTube is my hobby”. She is a working makeup artist, and her channel includes makeup tutorials as well as product reviews. Watching Stephanie Nicole’s videos is like having a personal conversation with a professional makeup artist. Not only does she elicit tips and tricks for makeup application, but she also focuses on healthy ways to care for your skin and body so that you can feel and look good.

Channel some positivity in your own life by supporting these creators!

Emma Riverso

Drexel '22

Emma is a sophomore at Drexel University studying communication with a focus in journalism. She’s passionate about all things food, family and Philadelphia.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.