This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Most of these meals require minimal effort and all of the ingredients for the foods can be easily found at your dining hall or in your grocery store in pre-packaged containers. I know its too easy to just run over to chipotle or heat up a hot pocket but these meals will be healthier, cheaper and as easy as putting a few ingredients together! As a college student sometimes you don’t think you have time to make meals like you would at home but you really do and from my personal experience these are the best tasting and easiest to put together.

1. Avocado Toast

Yes, it is very basic but it is super easy to make and you get your healthy foods in too!

What you will need: 

• 2 slices of multigrain bread(I personally like to use this kind but any toast works)

• 1 whole Avocado or pre-made Guacamole

• A hint of Lime juice

• Pinch of Salt/Pepper

Optional toppings:

• Hot sauce (if you like it spicy)

• Bacon

• Tomatoes

• Feta cheese

• Onion 

• Everything bagel seasoning 

All you have to do is toast your bread and mix your avocado and spices and voila! You have a healthy easy snack that took minutes to make

Image courtesy of Google

2. Pasta with Garlic and Broccoli

This was my staple dish when I got home super late, it requires 6 ingredients and is still super yummy!

What you will need:

• 1 box of pasta (any kind works)

• 1 bag of pre-cut broccoli (microwavable is the easiest)

• 1 Garlic clove

• ¼ cup Olive Oil

• Pinch Salt/Pepper

• ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese

All you have to do is boil the pasta, throw the broccoli in the microwave, mince the garlic and mix the rest together 

Image courtesy of Food Network

3. Omelet 

I hope all of you know how to cook eggs; if not, you will learn today. This is my healthy spin on an omelet

What you will need:

• 3 egg whites or 2 whole eggs

• Handful of spinach

• Pinch of Salt/Pepper

• 1 tomato diced

• ½ onion diced

• Bacon bits

• 1 tbsp Canola oil

• Shredded cheddar jack cheese

All you have to do is scramble the eggs and add the ingredients and heat a pan with canola oil, when the egg is firm on one side flip, add cheese and fold it in half

Image courtesy of Google

4. PB & Banana Smoothie

This is my go-to when I need a pick me up in the middle of the day but I have no energy to actually make anything.

What you will need:

• 2 Tbsp Peanut butter

• 1 cup of non-dairy milk or greek yogurt

• 1 frozen banana 

• Handful of ice

• Honey

Image Courtesy of Google

5. Burrito Bowl

Yeah, you can go to Chipotle, but it’s just so easy to make it yourself and it’s much healthier too!

What you will need:

• Microwave rice pack

• 1 can of beans 

• 1 can of corn

• Rotisserie chicken, steak, or your choice of protein

• Guacamole

• Salsa

• Tortilla chips

Image courtesy of Google

6. Pizza bagel

I’m not talking about the kind you get in the freezer section. You can make your own and, trust me, it’s that much better!

What you will need:

• 1 bagel cut in half

• Pizza sauce of your choice

• Shredded mozzarella 

• Basil

• Garlic powder 

• Oregano

Optional Toppings

• Pepperoni

• Pineapple

• Ham

• Jalapeno

• Peppers

• Tomato

Image Courtesy of Google

7. Sausage and Peppers

It’s this simple all you have to do is cut, season and bake!

What you will need:

• 1 Pkg of sausage links 

• 1 Bag of heirloom potatoes cut in half

• Garlic

• 1 onion cut

• 4-5 peppers sliced in strips

• 4 tbsp of olive oil

• Salt and pepper

Directions: Mix all of the ingredients in 1 pot and mix so all of the solid ingredients are coated in the oil/spices. Place on a sheet pan or in a deep metal dish. Set the oven to 375 and cook for 45 mins or until everything is crispy

Image Courtesy of Google

8. Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas

What you will need:

• Tortillas

• 1 chicken Breast

• 1 cup of water (boiling chicken)

• Pinch of salt/pepper 

• 1 Garlic clove

• 2 tbsp of olive oil

• ½ Onion

• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

• Peppers

• ½ cup of ranch

• ½ cup of hot sauce

• 8oz of cream cheese

First, boil the salt and pepper seasoned chicken for 8-16 mins. Then, in a large skillet, add onion, garlic, and green pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the chicken, hot sauce, and ranch. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes. Add in cream cheese, a few pieces at a time, and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in cheese and cook until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat, once you have your filling mixed together then put one tortilla on the skillet, and put another tortilla on top, wait until the bottom is crispy, then flip and do the same with the other side.

Image courtesy of Jamie Cooks it Up

Some recipes may be more time consuming than others but these are very simple recipes that I can promise you are good because I have made them all before as a college student. So you can at least seem like you cook when you’re actually just mixing a few ingredients together!

Morgan is a Communications Major at Drexel University.She is Currently the Event Coordinator for Drexel's chapter. She is into travel, cooking and Fitness/wellness and may spend a little too much time online shopping.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.