bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Health

5 Workouts to Switch Up Your Gym Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

The gym can be a scary place and as the weather gets colder it becomes more difficult to exercise outside, so soon the gym might be your only option. Whether you feel at home in the gym or only go to Lilly for Blend, it can be difficult to find a workout that works for you! Here are 5 ideas for a new workout to do to switch up your routine.

Workout 1

This first workout combines a ton of different movements and allows you to switch it up from just running on the treadmill, which becomes extremely boring in the winter. You can make this workout harder or easier by changing the elevation or speed when running. 

Workout 2

300 Abs is a great quick ab workout that will be painful but get the job done. This workout can be added to another one or done by itself making it versatile for your gym routine.

Workout 3

AMRAPs are a popular type of workout where you do as many reps as possible in a certain time. Most of these workouts are only around 20 minutes, but they’ll probably be some of the hardest workouts you can do. 

Workout 4

This full-body circuit is perfect for when you’re feeling too lazy to go to the gym, but you want to do some sort of workout! As for some of the other workouts, you can change how many rounds you do based on how long you want to exercise. 

Workout 5

In the spirit of Halloween, pretend you’re a real-life superhero with this Batgirl workout! This is a great workout to feel powerful and strong, just like Batgirl. You can change the number of rounds that you do based on how much you want to challenge yourself.

Hopefully this has given you some insight into other potential workouts to do either in the gym or at home. Try them with a friend to stay motivated, you got this!

DePauw 2020, Neuroscience and Computer science double major, Soccer Player